Chúng tôi xin giới thiệu phần trích dẫn nội dung của tài liệu đầu tiên trong bộ sưu tập Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 6 vòng 6 năm 2012 dưới đây:
Chọn câu trả lời tốt nhất cho những câu hỏi dưới đây.
1. Another display shows a working model of a hot-air balloon. The model rises slightly above the display table and then hovers at the same position. When the top flap of the balloon is opened, what will the balloon do?
A. continues to rise because the amount of air inside the balloon remains the same
B. stays at the same position because cold air inside the balloon is less dense than the air outside the balloon
C. descends because hot air is released from the balloon
D. descends because cold air pushes the balloon down
Look at the picture shown above. Justin's experiment involves a jar and a sponge. Justin wedged a sponge into the bottom of an open jar. Then he turned the jar upside down and held it in a container of water.
2. Which of the following statements explains why the sponge did not get wet?
A. The air in the jar exerts pressure on the water.
B. The sponge is lighter than the air.
C. The sponge does not absorb water.
D. The air is more dense than the sponge.
3. William is building a house in a location where temperatures are high throughout the year. He has four choices of colors for coating his roof. Which of these roof coating colors woulf be most efficient in keeping a house cool in warm weather?
Look at the chart shown above. Nicole explained that she studied an ant colony just outside her cabin. Over a five-day period, she observed and recorded the activity level of the ants.
4. When does the activity level of the ants appear to decrease?
A. rainfall is low and the temperature is high
B. rainfall is high and the temperature is low
C. rainfall is low and the temperature is low
D. rainfall is high and the temperature is high
5. A scientist performed an experiment that had an unexpected result. Before telling anyone about the result, the scientist performed the experiment again. What is the most likely reason the scientist performed the experiment more than once?
A. The scientist wanted to make sure no one else could do the experiment.
B. The scientist had extra chemicals and wanted to use them all.
C. The scientist wanted to be sure the results were accurate.
D. The scientist wanted to get different results.
6. In an experiment, Sally used an airtight cylinder with a movable top and an air pressure gauge attached to the side. The diagram above shows the appearance of the cylinder when the pressure gauge readings were one and two atmospheres. In the experiment, the pressure in the cylinder increased as the ___?
A. volume of air increased.
B. volume of air decreased.
C. number of air molecules increased.
D. number of air molecules decreased.
7. Jeanette is studying a substance. Which property of the substance is chemical?
A. its density
B. its temperature
C. its melting point
D. its flammability
8. Unusually high tides occur during the new moon and the full moon. In which of these illustrations will the highest tide occur?
9. The diagram above shows a plant cell. Which two structures in the diagram that are not present in an animal cell?
A. nucleus and cytoplasm
B. cell wall and chloroplasts
C. lysosomes and chloroplasts
D. cytoplasm and mitochondria
Flower 1 is covered with a plastic bag.
Flower 2 is left in the open air.
Flower 3 is put in front of a blowing fan.
Flower 4 is sprayed constantly with a fine mist of water.
10. Jane is testing her hypothesis that wind has an effect on the speed of water absorption and transpiration in leafy plants. She put four white carnation flowers with long stems in four separate cups of water containing blue food coloring. If Jane's hypothesis is correct, which flower will most likely turn blue first?
A. Flower 1
B. Flower 2
C. Flower 3
D. Flower 4
Nội dung trên chỉ thể hiện một phần hoặc nhiều phần trích dẫn. Để có đầy đủ, chi tiết và đúng định dạng, bạn vui lòng tải Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 6 vòng 6 năm 2012