Mời bạn tham khảo đoạn trích trong BST Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 6 vòng 7 năm 2012 của thư viện eLib dưới đây:
Chọn câu trả lời tốt nhất cho những câu hỏi dưới đây.
1. The painting above shows New Yorkers in a coffee house reading and talking about the newly drafted U.S. Constitution. Much of the voting public worried about the Constitution’s lack of protection of individual rights. They were promised a Bill of Rights to increase such protection. Which of the following people was responsible for adding the Bill of Rights to the United States Constitution?
A. Andrew Jackson
B. Meriwether Lewis
C. James Madison
D. John Winthrop
2. The diagram above shows some actions of one European country during the Age of Exploration. Which of the following countries best replaces the X in the diagram?
3. Which of the following is the main point of the above cartoon?
A. There is human life on other planets.
B. People will wear bubble hats in the future.
C. More people will suffer from air allergies.
D. It is important to care for the environment.
4. Westville is a small town of about 800 people. There is only one grocery store in town. The only other grocery store is 20 miles away. People living in Westville feel that they are paying too much for their groceries. What would lead to lower grocery prices in Westville?
A. More people move into Westville.
B. A new grocery store opens in Westville.
C. The grocery store starts buying local produce.
D. The grocery store starts selling clothes and hardware.
5. A bar graph of the percentage of total energy use by different parts of the economy is shown above. Rising energy costs hurt which part of the economy most?
6. Miller Incorporated owns a factory that makes both lawn chairs and tables. Because of a machine problem, the company has to choose whether to make lawn chairs or tables. The company chooses to make tables. What is the opportunity cost of the company’s decision to make tables?
A. The company will be unable to earn money from selling lawn chairs.
B. The company will have to spend more to advertise lawn chairs.
C. There will be an increased supply of lawn chairs.
D. There will be leftover lawn chairs in the factory.
7. The Northwest Ordinance of 1787 made rules that guided settlers in organizing new territories and states. What did the Northwest Ordinance forbid in these new territories?
A. jury trials
B. bearing arms
C. owning slaves
D. foreign traders
8. Martin Luther King, Jr. Middle School has held a talent show each year for the past 30 years. This year, the principal decides to cancel the talent show. The students are upset. They decide to write a letter to the editor of the school newspaper to explain why they disagree with the principal’s decision. The newspaper publishes the letter. What First Amendment rights are the students and the school newspaper expressing?
A. freedom of speech and freedom of religion
B. freedom of religion and the right to petition
C. freedom of the press and the right to petition
D. freedom of speech and freedom of the press
9. The photograph above shows a historical site in Washington DC. Which historical site is shown in the photograph?
A. the Jefferson Memorial
B. the Library of Congress
C. Arlington National Cemetery
D. the Vietnam Veterans Memorial
10. The Great Potato Famine of the 1840s led to increased immigration to the United States from which country?
Hy vọng rằng BST Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 6 vòng 7 năm 2012
sẽ giúp quý thầy cô có thêm tư liệu tham khảo, giúp các em học sinh học tập tốt hơn.