Đây là một phần trích dẫn trong BST Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 7 vòng 1. Mời các bạn tham khảo:
Chọn câu trả lời tốt nhất cho những câu hỏi dưới đây.
(1) Travel in Egypt provides many unique opportunities. (2) You can visit the cities of Cairo and Alexandria, which are full of ancient history. (3) You can also cruise down the Nile River and observe from the deck of a ship the everyday life of the people. (4) While on the cruise, you might also visit the ancient temples of Edfu, Luxor and Aswan.
The pyramids of Giza, for example, are not far from downtown Cairo.
1. During a revision of her writing, Margaret wants to add another sentence to her paragraph about traveling in Egypt. Where should Margaret insert the additional underlined sentence into the paragraph?
A. Before sentence 1
B. Before sentence 2
C. Before sentence 3
D. Before sentence 4
2. Which sentence is a thesis statement for an essay about life as a seventh-grade student?
A. I am a seventh-grade student.
B. Many of my friends are in seventh grade.
C. A seventh-grade student faces many challenges.
D. Some seventh-grade students attend summer school.
Spring is the best time of year. It can rain. It can be sunny. It can be warm. It is when the flowers grow.
3. In an essay that a student wrote about her favorite type of weather, she included the sentences above. The teacher told the student that the sentences in this section are too choppy. Which revision of the original sentences would correct this problem?
A. Spring is the best time of year. It can be rainy or sunny. When it is warm, the flowers begin to grow.
B. Spring is the best time of year. It can be rainy or sunny. It can be warm. It is when the flowers grow.
C. Spring is the best time of year. It can rain. Or it can be sunny. When it is warm, the flowers begin to grow.
D. Spring is the best time of year. It can rain. Or it can be sunny. Sometimes it can be warm. It is when the flowers grow.
November 8, 2005
420 Evergreen Terrace
Springfield, OR 97555
Dear Ms. Gilfrey:
I am writing this letter to request that a playground be built at Jefferson Park. Every day after school, many kids go to Jefferson Park, and there is nothing for them to do. A playground at the park would give the kids who go there something fun and safe to do after school.
4. Read the business letter above. What part of the business letter is missing?
A. inside address
B. return address
Hi vọng, bộ Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 7 vòng 1
này hữu ích cho kì ôn tập của các bạn. Chúc các bạn thành công!