Mời quý thầy cô giáo và các em học sinh tham khảo phần trích dẫn nội dung của đề thi trong bộ sưu tập Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 8 vòng 11 năm 2012 dưới đây:
Chọn câu trả lời tốt nhất cho những câu hỏi dưới đây.
1. Two squares are positioned, as shown. The smaller square has side length 1 and the larger square has side length 7. The length of AB is
2. An algebraic expression is shown above. Which of the following is equivalent to the expression shown?
3. The circle graph above represents the body styles of automobiles owned by 1800 employees of a certain company. What is the total number of employees of the company who own sedans?
4. In a class of 25 students, each student has at most one pet. Three-fifths of the students have cats, 20% have dogs, three have elephants, and the other students have no pets. How many students have no pets?
5. The bowl of a circular birdbath has an inside diameter of 18 inches, as shown in the drawing above. When the bowl of the birdbath is full of water, which of the following is closest to the area of the top surface of water?
A. 1017 sq. in.
B. 254 sq. in.
C. 113 sq. in.
D. 57 sq. in.
x2 - 6x + 5 = 0
6. Solve the quadratic equation shown above. What is the sum of the two solutions?
7. Which of the following best represents the graph of a line with an undefined slope?
8. The length of a trail behind Jessica’s school is approximately 6,290 feet. Jessica calculated the mean length of her walking steps to be 2.9 feet. Which of the following is closest to the number of steps Jessica would take to walk the entire trail?
A. 200 steps
B. 1,800 steps
C. 2,000 steps
D. 18,000 steps
9. The stem-and-leaf plot shown above represents Darcy’s algebra quiz grades. What is Darcy’s median algebra quiz grade?
10. Three pennies are flipped. What is the probability that they all land with heads up?
Bạn có thể tải miễn phí BST Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 8 vòng 11 năm 2012
này về máy để tham khảo phục vụ việc giảng dạy hay học tập đạt hiệu quả hơn.