Đây là một phần trích dẫn trong BST Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 8 vòng 4 đề thi số 2 năm học 2013. Mời các bạn tham khảo:
Chọn câu trả lời tốt nhất cho những câu hỏi dưới đây.
Choose the best answer for the following questions. (2 points per question)
The Americas, 1962
1. What do the circular lines on the above Cold War map from the Kennedy presidency most likely represent?
A. The distance planes could fly without refueling
B. The impact of earthquakes on the region
C. The weather patterns in the area
D. The reach of nuclear missiles
2. The intent of the Dawes Severalty Act, passed by Congress in 1887, was to
A. assimilate Native Americans.
B. provide housing for Asian immigrants.
C. restrict immigration from Europe.
D. grant citizenship to Hispanic Americans.
3. Which of the following inventions had the greatest impact on westward expansion?
United States, 1930s
The Dust Bowl got its name after Black Sunday, April 14, 1935. More and more dust storms had been blowing up in the years leading up to that day. In 1932, 14 dust storms were recorded on the Plains. In 1933, there were 38 storms. By 1934, it was estimated that 100 million acres of farmland had lost all or most of the topsoil to the winds. By April 1935, there had been weeks of dust storms, but the cloud that appeared on the horizon that Sunday was the worst.
4. Which roman numeral on the map above correctly shows the location of the 1930s Dust Bowl?
5. In 1916, African Americans in the southern states took advantage of increased opportunities in cities such as Detroit and Chicago by
A. building new textile factories.
B. moving north in large numbers.
C. gaining control of state legislatures.
D. developing social programs in urban areas.
Hi vọng, bộ Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 8 vòng 4 đề thi số 2 năm học 2013
này hữu ích cho kì ôn tập của các bạn. Chúc các bạn thành công!