Chúng tôi xin giới thiệu phần trích dẫn nội dung của tài liệu đầu tiên trong bộ sưu tập Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 8 vòng 4 năm 2012 dưới đây:
Chọn câu trả lời tốt nhất cho những câu hỏi dưới đây.
1. Kim is decorating lockers for her soccer team. She bought 3 packages of ribbon. Each package contains 3 yards of ribbon. Each locker decoration requires 1 1/2 feet of ribbon. How many lockers can she decorate with the packages of ribbon she bought?
In a park, a sidewalk is built around the edge of a circular garden as shown above.
2. The sidewalk is 5 feet wide, and the garden measures 20 feet across. Which measurement is closest to the circumference of the outer edge of the sidewalk?
A. 30 feet
B. 75 feet
C. 90 feet
D. 700 feet
3. Omar wants to solve the equation 3x - 2 = 10. Which steps could Omar follow to find the solution?
A. Add 2 to both sides. Then divide both sides by 3.
B. Divide both sides by 3. Then add 2 to both sides.
C. Subtract 2 from both sides. Then divide both sides by 3.
D. Multiply both sides by 3. Then subtract 2 from both sides.
4. In the diagram below, NP and ST are parallel, and MQ intersects both lines. What is the measure of ∠ x ?
Terry, Justin, and Lee were trying to figure out where all the pizza went.
• Terry said, “I can’t remember how many slices I ate.”
• Justin said, “I had 2 fewer slices than Terry.”
• Lee said, “I ate twice as many slices as Justin.”
5. If x represents the number of slices Terry ate, which represents the number of slices Lee ate?
B. x + 2
C. 2(x - 2)
D. 2x - 2
6. Ana drew two figures on the coordinate grid shown above. Which transformation did Ana apply to Figure A to get Figure B ?
A. rotated 90°
B. dilated by 6
C. reflected in the y-axis
D. translated 6 units to the left
7. The sum of a number and its square is less than or equal to negative three. Which inequality represents this relationship?
A. n( n 2 ) ＜ -3
B. n( n 2 ) ≤ -3
C. n + n2 ＜ -3
D. n + n2 ≤ -3
8. Which point on the number line above best represents the value √10 ?
A. Point P
B. Point Q
C. Point R
D. Point S
9. Carol wants to earn at least $150.00 for her charity while running a race. She will earn $20.00 for participating plus $7.00 for each mile she runs. If m represents the number of miles she runs, which inequality represents the money Carol wants to earn?
A. 7m + 20 ≤ 150
B. 7m + 20 ≥ 150
C. 20m + 7 ≤ 150
D. 20m + 7 ≥ 150
10. Marilyn’s teacher allowed her to take a makeup test. She scored 24/60 on the original test and 28/40 on the makeup test. How much more did Marilyn score in her makeup test?
Nội dung trên chỉ thể hiện một phần hoặc nhiều phần trích dẫn. Để có đầy đủ, chi tiết và đúng định dạng, bạn vui lòng tải Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 8 vòng 4 năm 2012