Mời quý thầy cô giáo và các em học sinh tham khảo phần trích dẫn nội dung của đề thi trong bộ sưu tập Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 8 vòng 4 năm 2013 dưới đây:
Chọn câu trả lời tốt nhất cho những câu hỏi dưới đây.
Choose the best answer for the following questions. (2 points per question)
1. The late 19th- and early 20th-century change from steam-powered industry to electric-powered industry resulted primarily from the work of
A. George Pullman.
B. Alexander Graham Bell.
C. George Eastman.
D. Thomas Edison.
2. Which statement correctly describes the Great Migration of 1914-1920?
A. Migration of more than one million farmers from the Plains states to the West Coast during the Dust Bowl
B. Migration of hundreds of thousands of African Americans to northern industrial cities in search of jobs
C. Immigration of 40,000 Chinese to the United States in order to work on the transcontinental railroad
D. Immigration of over one million persons of Irish descent to the United States for work in industrial centers in the Northeast
3. Why did the United States want to maintain control of the three areas labeled on the map?
A. To prevent Britain and France from taking them over
B. To protect the west coast of the United States
C. To protect the Panama Canal
D. To prevent United States investment in these areas
4. Which one of the following events is generally recognized as the start of the Civil Rights Movement?
A. African American college students staged a sit-in at the Woolworth’s lunch counter in Greensboro, North Carolina.
B. A multiracial march was organized for Washington, D.C., to demonstrate for human rights.
C. Rosa Parks, an African American woman, refused to give up her seat on a bus in Montgomery, Alabama.
D. Fannie Lou Hamer organized the Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party so that African Americans would be represented at the Democratic National Convention of 1964.
• 1913 17th Amendment—Direct election of United States Senators
• 1920 19th Amendment—Women's right to vote
• 1961 23rd Amendment—Citizens of the District of Columbia can vote for President
• 1964 24th Amendment—End of the poll tax
• 1971 26th Amendment—Voting age set at 18 years old
5. A good title for the list above is
A. “Kennedy-Johnson Civil Rights Laws.”
B. “Expanding the Role of State Government.”
C. “Promises Kept by the Republican Party.”
D. “Increasing the People’s Rights in the 20th Century.”
Bạn có thể tải miễn phí BST Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 8 vòng 4 năm 2013
này về máy để tham khảo phục vụ việc giảng dạy hay học tập đạt hiệu quả hơn.