Đây là một đoạn trích hay trong BST Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 8 vòng 5 năm 2012. Mời quý thầy cô và các em học sinh cùng tham khảo:
Chọn câu trả lời tốt nhất cho những câu hỏi dưới đây.
1. The diagram above shows the relationship between photosynthesis and respiration. What are the products of photosynthesis?
A. energy and oxygen
B. glucose and oxygen
C. carbon dioxide and water
D. glucose and carbon dioxide
Vertebrates have a pair of round organs, each containing two chambers. The front chamber is filled with fluid and the back chamber is filled with a clear, jelly-like substance. The back wall of each organ contains many cells that are stimulated by light.
2. What is the function of these organs?
The diagram above shows exposed rock layers. Each rock layer contains a fossil of a different organism.
3. Which fossil most likely represents the oldest form of life?
A. Fossil #1
B. Fossil #2
C. Fossil #3
D. Fossil #4
4. Based on the diagram above, if Bulb 3 burned out, what would happen to the other bulbs?
A. Bulbs 1 and 2 would remain lit.
B. Bulb 1 would go out, and Bulb 2 would remain lit.
C. Bulbs 1 and 2 would go out.
D. Bulb 2 would go out, and Bulb 1 would remain lit.
5. Which best describes the motion of molecules in a solid at extremely low temperatures?
A. bumping together with some room to move
B. vibrating while closely packed together
C. moving freely and randomly in a space
D. sliding around one another and colliding
A beam of light is shining on the surface of a liquid.
6. Which diagram shows what happens when the light is refracted by the liquid?
An isolated population of fritillary, a species of butterfly, lives in a damp meadow. The fritillary larvae feed only on a species of violet plant that lives in the meadow. The adult fritillary does not fly far from the violet plants. One summer, a virus causes the violet plants to die.
7. As a result of the absence of violets, the fritillary population will most likely
A. increase and flourish
B. decrease to a level near extinction
C. switch to a different type of food
D. evolve immediately into a new species of butterfly
The graph above shows the changes in the populations of beetles and wasps. The wasp larvae feed on the beetle larvae.
8. The beetle population is highest when the wasp population is
D. at zero
The figure above shows an energy pyramid for an ecosystem.
9. What happens to the amount of energy in the pyramid as it moves up through the different levels?
A. It increases.
B. It decreases.
C. It increases and then decreases.
D. It decreases and then increases.
The diagrams above show the constellation Cassiopeia as observed from the same position on Earth.
10. What causes this constellation to appear in different parts of the sky in different months of the year?
A. Earth’s rotation on its axis
B. Earth’s revolution around the Sun
C. changing phases of the Moon in its orbit around Earth
D. changing speeds of stars in their orbits around the Sun
Quý thầy cô giáo và các em học sinh cùng tham khảo toàn bộ BST Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 8 vòng 5 năm 2012
bằng cách đăng nhập vào Website eLib.vn nhé!