Dưới đây là đoạn trích Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 9 vòng 13 đề số 2 năm 2012 được trích từ tài liệu cùng tên trong BST:
Chọn câu trả lời tốt nhất cho những câu hỏi dưới đây.
1. A surveyor’s report states that a field being planted measures 302 m by 604 m. A farmer spreads seed at a rate of 2.7 kg for every 100 m2. Given that 1 t = 1 000 kg, approximately how many tonnes (t) of seed are needed to plant the entire field?
A. 5 t
B. 25 t
C. 65 t
D. 651 t
E. 4925 t
2. A farmer hires a worker. Each week, the worker works 9 h at a rate of $5.60/h. From each weekly paycheque, the worker must pay
• 1% of the total pay for disability insurance
• 2.2% of the total pay for employment insurance
• 15% of the total pay for income tax and Canada Pension
What are the worker’s weekly earnings after these deductions are made?
3. The farmer builds a ramp to load cattle into a truck. The truck deck is 1 m above the ground, and the base of the ramp is 5.65 m long. What is the angle of inclination (x) of the ramp?
4. During badminton intramurals, 5 players compete in round robin play where each player plays every other player one game. No tie breaker games are required. The two players who win the most games meet in a final playoff game. Including the final game, how many games must be scheduled?
A. 26 games
B. 21 games
C. 11 games
D. 6 games
E. 4 games
5. To enter the boarding area, each person walks through a metal detector. If 1 person out of every 10 people sets off the detector, what is the probability that 2 people selected at random will both set off the detector?
6. In the boarding area, a vending machine attendant is servicing the machines. In one of the machines, the attendant finds that the dollar coins, quarters, and dimes have a total value of $67.40. There are 50 more dollar coins than quarters and twice as many dimes as quarters. What is the total value of the dimes the attendant collected?
7. While looking out the windows in the boarding area, you notice a cargo plane being loaded. The total volume of storage space available on the cargo plane is 1.488 × 103 m3. How many crates with a volume of 1.24 × 101 m3 can fit in this storage space?
A. 1.20 × 104 crates
B. 1.20 × 103 crates
C. 1.20 × 102 crates
D. 1.20 × 101 crates
E. 1.20 × 100 crates
8. Your plane requires 20 L of fuel for each kilometre travelled after it reaches cruising altitude. To determine the total amount of fuel required for a flight (F), the pilot also needs to know:
• the amount of fuel needed to reach cruising altitude (A)
• the distance, in kilometres, travelled after the plane reaches cruising altitude (C)
• the amount of fuel needed for descent and landing (D)
Which of the following formulas represents the total amount of fuel required for the flight?
A. F = C + A + 20F
B. F = C + D + 20A
C. F = A + C + 20D
D. F = A + D + 20C
E. F = 20(C + D + A)
9. After takeoff, your plane ascends along its flight path at an angle of 20° as shown above. A formula that can be used to find the plane’s vertical height (x), in kilometres, above ground level after it has travelled 8 km along its flight path is
A. sin 20° = x/8
B. sin 20° = 8/x
C. cos 20° = x/8
D. cos 20° = 8/x
E. tan 20° = 8/x
10. In the puzzle shown above, which of the following sets of integers represents the shortest route, in blocks, from the hotel to the museum?
A. +2, +1, +2, –5
B. –5, +3, +1, +1
C. +1, +1, +3, –5
D. –3, +2, +1, +2
E. –2, +3, –2, +1
Hãy tham khảo toàn bộ tài liệu Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 9 vòng 13 đề số 2 năm 2012
trong bộ sưu tập nhé!