Đây là một đoạn trích hay trong BST Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 9 vòng 16 đề số 1 năm 2013. Mời quý thầy cô cùng các em học sinh tham khảo:
Chọn câu trả lời tốt nhất cho những câu hỏi dưới đây.
1. If x > 0, what is 30 percent of 15x?
A. 0.5x B. 2x C. 4.5x D. 5x E. 45x
2. The percent increase from 8 to 14 is equal to the percent increase from 20 to what number?
A. 14 B. 26 C. 28 D. 32 E. 35
3. Which of the following is equal in value to 1 plus (100 percent of 1)?
A. 100 percent of 1 B. 101 percent of 1 C. 110 percent of 1
D. 200 percent of 1 E. 201 percent of 1
4. A store has 660 books in stock. If 30 percent of these books are on sale, how many books are not on sale?
A. 462 B. 460 C. 464 D. 466 E. 468
5. A special lottery is to be held to select the student who will live in the only deluxe room in a dormitory. There are 100 seniors, 150 juniors, and 200 sophomores who applied. Each senior’s name is placed in the lottery 3 times; each junior’s name, 2 times; and each sophomore’s name, 1 time. If a student's name is chosen at random from the names in the lottery, what is the probability that a senior's name will be chosen?
A. 1/8 B. 2/9 C. 2/7 D. 3/8 E. 1/2
6. The table above shows the temperatures at noon, in degrees Fahrenheit, in a city in Hawaii over a oneweek period. If m represents the median of these temperatures, f represents the temperature that occurred most often, and a represents the average (arithmetic mean) of these seven temperatures, which of the following is the correct order of m, f, and a ?
A. a < m < f B. a < f < m C. m < a < f D. m < f < a E. a = m < f
7. The projected sales volume of a video game cartridge is given by the function , where s is the number of cartridges sold, in thousands; p is the price per cartridge, in dollars; and a is a constant. If according to the projections, 100,000 cartridges are sold at $10 per cartridge, how many cartridges will be sold at $20 per cartridge?
A. 20000 B. 50000 C. 60000 D. 150000 E. 200000
Quý thầy cô giáo và các em học sinh cùng tham khảo toàn bộ BST Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 9 vòng 16 đề số 1 năm 2013
bằng cách đăng nhập vào Website eLib.vn nhé!