Mời quý thầy cô giáo và các em học sinh tham khảo phần trích dẫn nội dung của đề thi trong bộ sưu tập Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 9 vòng 20 năm 2014 dưới đây:
Chọn câu trả lời tốt nhất cho những câu hỏi dưới đây.
1. The box-and-whisker plot above shows Robert’s phone calls for one month. Based on the plot, which statement about the length of a phone call that Robert made last month is most likely true?
A. It was 11 minutes long.
B. It was 18 minutes long.
C. It was between 2 and 8 minutes long.
D. It was between 9 and 14 minutes long.
E. It was 28 minutes long.
2. Haley is planning a garden shaped like a right triangle with the dimensions shown above. How much fencing will she need to enclose the garden?
A. 60 ft B. 70 ft C. 150 ft D. 300 ft E. 350 ft
3. Which is the greatest common factor of the three terms: 32a3b2, 36a2c2, 16ab3?
A. 4a B. 4a3b2c3 C. 6abc D. 8a2b2 E. 121a3
4. Which of the following systems of linear equations are neither parallel nor perpendicular?
A. y = 8x/3 - 2 and y = 8x/3 - 5/3
B. y = -7x/4 - 1/3 and y = 4x/7 - 1/3
C. y = 6x/5 - 1/3 and y = -6x/5 - 1/3
D. y = -3x/2 + 0.5 and y = -3x/2 + 3
E. y = x/3 + 5 and y = x/3 - 8
5. The table displays the average number of pounds of milk and milk fat produced per cow in seven states in 2001. In North Carolina in 2001, the production of milk per cow was 17,200 pounds. According to the line of best fit for the data above, approximately how many pounds of milk fat were produced per cow in North Carolina?
A. 543 B. 560 C. 610 D. 623 E. 700
6. Mr. Hanson recorded the typing speeds (in words per minute) of 25 students and their weeks of experience. The line of best fit for the data is y = 4.4x + 18.9, where x is the number of weeks of experience of a student and y is the student’s typing speed. What is the meaning of the y-intercept for this set of data?
A. the average typing speed of the students
B. the highest typing speed recorded
C. the improvement in typing speed per week for the average student
D. the typing speed of a student with no experience
E. None of them
7. Martha has $180. She needs a total of $2,000 to start an account. She earns $60 per day working, of which she saves $50. Which equation can she use to determine the number of days, d, she needs to work to reach her goal of $2,000?
A. 2,000 = 60d + 180
B. 2,000 = 60d - 180
C. 2,000 = 50d + 180
D. 2,000 = 50d - 180
E. 2,000 = 40d + 80
Bạn có thể tải miễn phí BST Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 9 vòng 20 năm 2014
này về máy để tham khảo phục vụ việc giảng dạy hay học tập đạt hiệu quả hơn.