Mời bạn tham khảo đoạn trích trong BST Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 9 vòng 23 năm 2013 của thư viện eLib dưới đây:
Chọn câu trả lời tốt nhất cho những câu hỏi dưới đây.
1. 2x + 3y = 12 and 2x - y = 4, what is the value of x + y?
2. The height, h(t), in feet of an object thrown into the air with an initial upward velocity of 63 feet per second is given by the formula h(t) = -16t2 + 63t, where t is the time in seconds. What is the height of the object after 3 seconds?
A. 45 ft
B. 59 ft
C. 81 ft
D. 93 ft
E. 100 ft
3. A taxi ride cost $29.40. The driver charged $3 plus $0.40 per 0.2 mile traveled. How far did the taxi travel on this trip?
A. 9.8 miles
B. 13.2 miles
C. 66 miles
D. 73.5 miles
E. 98 miles
4. The average price of a movie ticket in the year 2000 was $5.39. The average price of a movie ticket in the year 2004 was $6.21. Assuming the increase is linear, what would be the approximate price of a movie ticket in the year 2009?
2x + 6y = 9
y = -x/2 + 2
5. What is the value of y in the system of equations above?
6. A car's speed before a sudden stop can be estimated by the formula S = √30gk where S = speed of the car in mph, g = drag factor, and k = length of skid mark in feet. The drag factor during a recent crash was 0.8. What was the approximate speed of the car if it created skid marks 193 feet long?
A. 34 mph
B. 58 mph
C. 68 mph
D. 85 mph
E. 99 mph
Hy vọng rằng BST Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 9 vòng 23 năm 2013
sẽ giúp quý thầy cô có thêm tư liệu tham khảo, giúp các em học sinh học tập tốt hơn.