Chúng tôi xin giới thiệu phần trích dẫn nội dung của tài liệu đầu tiên trong bộ sưu tập Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 9 vòng 28 năm 2014 dưới đây:
Chọn câu trả lời tốt nhất cho những câu hỏi dưới đây.
1. Triangle JKL is drawn on a coordinate plane. It is a right triangle with hypotenuse JL. The slope of JK is 3/4. What is the slope of KL?
A. 4/3 B. 3/4 C. 3/4 D. - 4/3 E. 1
2. A square is circumscribed about a circle. What is the ratio of the area of the circle to the area of the square?
A. 1/4 B. 1/2 C. 2/π D. 4/π E. π/4
3. The vertices of ΔABC are A(2, 1), B(3, 4), and C(1, 3). If ΔABC is translated 1 unit down and 3 units to the left to create ΔDEF, what are the coordinates of the vertices of ΔDEF?
A. D(0, 1), E(1, 2), F(1, 3) B. D(0, -1), E(0, 3), F(-2, -2)
C. D(-2, 2), E(0, 3), F(-1, 0) D. D(-1, 0), E(0, 3), F(-2, 2)
E. D(1, -2), E(2, 1), F(0, 0)
4. One winter day, the temperature at sunset was 12°F. During that night, the temperature dropped 17°. By noon the next day, the temperature had increased by 9°, but it decreased 5° between noon and sunset. What was the temperature at sunset of the second day?
A. –13°F B. –1°F C. 25°F D. 43°F E. 57°F
5. An overhead projector projects the shape of ΔABC onto a screen as shown in the diagram above. The screen is moved back 5 feet and the new ΔA'B'C' is seen on the screen. What relationship exists between ΔABC and ΔA'B'C'
A. The sides of ΔABC are congruent to the corresponding sides of ΔA'B'C'.
B. The angle measures of ΔA'B'C' are smaller than the corresponding angle measures of ΔABC.
C. The angle measures of ΔA'B'C' are greater than the corresponding angle measures of ΔABC.
D. ΔABC is similar to ΔA'B'C'.
E. ΔABC is congruent to ΔA'B'C'.
6. If a figure is a triangle, what would make the figure an isosceles triangle?
A. a right angle B. three sides of unequal length
C. two acute angles D. two sides of equal length
E. an obtuse angle
7. A circular swimming pool with a diameter of 20 feet is located in the center of a square cement patio that measures 25 feet on each side. What is the area of the cement patio, to the nearest square foot?
A. 225 square feet B. 311 square feet
C. 562 square feet D. 632 square feet
E. 725 square feet
8. What is a + b?
A. 230° B. 245° C. 270° D. 295°
E. More information is needed.
9. How many pieces of pipe, each 20 meters long, would be required to construct a pipeline 1 kilometer in length?
A. 5 B. 50 C. 500 D. 5,000 E. 50,000
10. Justin is driving from Riverton to Rock Springs, a distance of 144 miles. He plans to stop along the way for 15 minutes. How fast must Justin drive in order to average 64 miles per hour for the whole trip, including the time when he stops?
A. 64 miles per hour B. 66 miles per hour
C. 72 miles per hour D. 76 miles per hour
E. 78 miles per hour
Để xem đầy đủ tài liệu này, quý thầy cô và các em học sinh vui lòng download bộ sưu tập Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 9 vòng 28 năm 2014
và xem thêm các tài liệu khác. Chúc quý thầy cô giáo giảng dạy hay, các em học tập tốt.