Đây là một đoạn trích hay trong BST Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 9 vòng 32 đề số 2 năm 2014. Mời tham khảo:
Chọn câu trả lời tốt nhất cho những câu hỏi dưới đây.
1. Victor bought a computer for $1,800. He made a down payment of $200 and will pay the rest in 5 equal payments. If p represents the amount of each payment, which equation can be used to find this amount?
A. $200p = $1,800
B. $1,800 + 5p = $200
C. $1,800 + $200 = 5p
D. $1,800 = 5p + $200
E. $1,800 = 25p + $200
2. When completely factored, x2 + x - 12 equals
A. (x + 3)(x - 4)
B. (x + 4)(x - 3)
C. (x + 7)(x - 5)
D. (x + 12)(x - 1)
E. (x + 13)(x - 14)
3. Which of these is equivalent to the equation: A = 1/2bh
A. b = A + h B. b = A/2h C. b = Ah/2 D. b = 2A - h E. b = 2A/h
4. A spinner has three sections, each with different point values and areas. The 1-point section is 2/3 the area of the spinner. The 2-point section is 1/4 the area of the spinner. The 3-point section is 1/12 the area of the spinner. To the nearest tenth of a point, what is the expected value on any one spin?
A. 0.7 B. 1.4 C. 2.0 D. 6.0 E. 7.0
5. Which of the following addition properties justifies the statement: 2 + 0 = 2 ?
A. Commutative B. Identity C. Inverse D. Closure
E. None of them&
6. Greg wrote the numbers 1 through 9 on pieces of paper and placed them in a hat. He will randomly select one piece of paper from the hat. He will not replace it. Greg will then randomly select a second piece of paper from the hat. What is the probability that Greg will select a piece of paper with an odd number on it and then select one with an even number on it?
A. 20/81 B. 5/18 C. 9/17 D. 19/18 E. 17/22
Use the information to answer the next 3 questions.
Adrian is the manager at a television station. She has selected 4 comedies and 3 talk shows to fill 7 half-hour daytime slots. None of the programs will be repeated during the day.
7. In how many different ways can Adrian select 2 programs (from the 7 programs) to fill up the first two time slots?
A. 14 B. 21 C. 42 D. 49 E. 59
8. How many different 4-program combinations can Adrian select from the 7 programs?
A. 28 B. 35 C. 210 D. 840 E. 770
9. Adrian will select 2 comedies and 1 talk show to fill the first three time slots. How many different combinations of 2 comedies and 1 talk show can Adrian select from the 7 programs?
A. 9 B. 18 C. 36 D. 48 E. 55
10. Harrison has a spinner that is divided into 15 congruent sections. It has 6 red sections, 8 blue sections, and 1 yellow section. Harrison will spin the arrow on the spinner one time. What is the probability that the arrow will land on either a blue section or a yellow section?
A. 1/15 B. 1/9 C. 8/15 D. 3/5 E. 1/3
Để xem đầy đủ tài liệu này, quý thầy cô và các em học sinh vui lòng download bộ sưu tập Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 9 vòng 32 đề số 2 năm 2014
và xem thêm các tài liệu khác. Chúc quý thầy cô giáo giảng dạy hay, các em học tập tốt.