Đề thi thử tiếng Anh khối A1 năm 2013 - Đề số 1
1. Despite playing under strength, the village team _____ beat the rivals.
a. could b. were able to c. couldn’t d. weren’t able to
2. I suggest Andrea ______ in touch with the organisers.
a. should get b. to get c. getting d. gets
3. The traffic lights _____ green and I pulled away.
a. became b. turned c. got d. went
4. ______ during the storm.
a. They were collapsed b. The fence was collapsed
c. They collapsed the fence d. The fence collapsed
5. The suspect confessed _______.
a. his crime b. the police his crime c. his crime to the police d. his crime the police
6. ______ thinks that Judith should be given the job.
a. Neither of us b. The majority of my colleagues
c. Practically everyone d. A number of people
7. We had ______ holiday inSpain.
a. a two week’s b. two weeks c. two-week d. a two-week
8. The company owns _____ in the city centre.
a. a cars park b. several car parks c. a car park d. several cars parks
9. The government has introduced _______.
a. a children’s clothes tax b. a tax on children clothes
c. a children clothes tax d. a tax on children’s clothes
10. I’ll be with you in _______.
a. one quarter of an hour b. a quarter of an hour c. a quarter of one hour d. a quarter of hour
11. _____ my friends knew I was getting married.
a. Not much of b. not many of c. Not much d. Not many
12. ____ the children _____ awake.
a. None of…was b. Not any of…were c. No …. was d. None of…were
13. The party was excellent, and I’d like to thank all the ______.
a. concerned people b. responsible people c. people that concerned d . people concerned
14. I asked Francis to clean the car, and he did ______.
a. a well job b. the job good c. a good job d. a job well
15. ______, they slept soundly.
a. Hot though was the night air b. Hot though the night air was
c. Hot the night air as was d. Hot although the night air was
16. John was the first person I saw _____ hospital.
a. by leaving b. on leaving c. in leaving d. on to leave
17. He suddenly saw Sue ____ the room. He pushed his way ____ the crowd of people to get to her.
a. across…through b. over…through c. across…across d. over…along
18. She tried to _______.
a. talk me the plan out of b. talk out of me the plan
c. talk me out of the plan d. talk out me of the plan.
19. _____ that Marie was able to retire at the age of 50.
a. So successful her business was, b. So successful was her business,
c. Her business was successful d. So was her successful business,
20. I’m _____ a complete loss to understand why you reacted so violently.
a. at b. in c. on d. by