Thi thử trên đề thi thật! Đây là một phương pháp ôn luyện thi hay dành cho các bạn học sinh. Thư viện eLib xin giới thiệu đến các bạn học sinh bộ Đề thi vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh trường chuyên năm 2013. Hi vọng, bộ đề thi này hữu ích với các bạn. Chúc các bạn thành công với kì thi nhé!
Đề thi vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh trường chuyên năm 2013
Tóm tắt nội dung
Dưới đây là đoạn trích Đề thi vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh trường chuyên năm 2013 được trích từ tài liệu cùng tên trong BST:
SỞ GIÁO DỤC VÀ ĐÀO TẠO KỲ THI TUYỂN SINH VÀO LỚP 10
HƯNG YÊN THPT CHUYÊN
NĂM HỌC 2013 - 2014
ĐỀ THI CHÍNH THỨC Môn thi: TIẾNG ANH
(Đề thi có 04 trang) (Dành cho thí sinh thi vào lớp chuyên
Thời gian làm bài: 120 phút
PART A: (0,5 point) PHONETICS
Choose the word whose stress pattern is different from that of the others. Write A, B,
C or D on your answer sheet.
1. A. sewage B. simple C. hobby D. describe
2. A. difference sB. encourage C. character D. constitute
3. A. appliance B. efficiency C. misunderstand D. identified
4. A. intelligent B. population C. opportunity D. economics
5. A. reputation B. entertainment C. probability D. continuous
PART B: (3,0 points) VOCABULARY AND GRAMMAR
I. Choose the best word or phrase to complete the following sentences. Write A, B, C
or D on your answer sheet (2,0 points).
1. Nobody knows who invented the wheel, ______?
A. do they B. don’t they C. does it D. doesn’t it
2. ________ having the best qualifications among all the applicants, Justin was not
offered the job.
A. Although B. While C. In spite of D. Despite of
3. You have been reading for four hours. This book _____ be very interesting.
A. can B. might C. must D. should
4. English is ________ used in the world.
A. wide B. widely C. wider D. widen
5. I can’t believe that you ______ all the five exercises. You just started ten minutes
A. have finished B. will finish C. finished D. finishing
6. I can still vividly remember my father ______ me to ride a bicycle.
A. to teach B. teaching C. taught D. to
7. My brother runs a business ______ he proves to have managerial skills.
A. however B. otherwise C. and D. but
8. The state laws limit the speed ______ motorists are permitted to drive.
A. at which B. which C. that D. where
9. ______ today, she would get home by Friday.
A. Would she leave B. Was she leaving C. Were she to leave D. If she
10. He is _______ a lot of study pressure to win a place at university.
A. for B. under C. in D. with
11. Shy people often find it difficult to ________ group discussions.
A. take place in B. take part in C. get on with D. get in touch
12. I live in a pleasant room _______ the garden.
A. to overlook B. overlooking C. overlooked D. which
13. No one knows what the ______ of the explosion is.
A. source B. cause C. reaction D. reason
14. I really can’t ______ the twins apart. They look so alike.
A. say B. talk C. take D. tell
15. The _______ age of the girls in this class is sixteen.
A. general B. average C. equal D. usual
16. It seems that the world record for this event is almost impossible to ______.
A. meet B. break C. compare D. balance
17. My younger sister is very ______ and so she loves going out but I am much quieter
and prefer to stay at home.
A. enjoyable B. lively C. pleasing D. funny
18. Lomonosov was not ______ a great scientist but also a very talented poet.
A. fairly B. merely C. hardly D. scarcely
19. Linda: “What an attractive hair style you have got, Mary!” - Mary:
A. Thank you very much. I am afraid B. You are telling a lie
C. Thank you for your compliment D. I don't like your sayings
20. Mark: “Do you find it very interesting to travel alone?” – Nick: “___________.”
A. Yes, you’re welcome B. Never mind
C. No, not at all D. It’s exciting
II. Supply the appropriate form of the words in CAPITAL in the brackets. Write
them on your answer sheet. (1,0 point)
1. Many people are _______ after that earthquake. (HOME)
2. He worked very hard but he could _______ feed his family. (HARD)
3. She was given _______ for a three-month visit to Asia. (PERMIT)
4. He is thinking of taking early ______ next year. (RETIRE)
5. These workers got a bonus because they did their jobs ______. (EFFECT)
6. You can never be sure what he is going to do. He is so ______. (PREDICT
7. You can see her ______ on her face. She passed the examination (SATISFY
with good results.
8. The church was damaged in the war but it has now been ______. (BUILD)
9. The thing I don’t like much about Kate is her ______. (RELY)
10. It is becoming ______ obvious that changes will have to take (INCREAS
PART C: (2,5 points) READING
I. Choose the word or phrase that best fits the blank space in the following passage.
Write A, B, C or D on your answer sheet. (1,0 point)
ENGLISH AROUND THE WORLD
English is the first language of many people in countries outside the United Kingdom.
When you (1)______ speakers of English from around the world, you (2)______
notice that they do not all speak in the same way. There are also some (3)______ in the
words they use, including the names of (4)______ objects that are part of everyone’s
daily life. But although pronunciation and (5)______ are not the same everywhere, it is
interesting that English speakers (6)______ opposite sides of the world can understand
(7)______ other quite easily. It does not seem to (8)______ where they learnt the
language. And of course this is one reason why speakers of other languages are keen
(9)______ learning English too. If you know English, you are more (10)______ to be
able to study or work in all sorts of exciting places, such as the United States or
1. A. recognise B. meet C. find D. attend
2. A. originally B. strangely C. curiously D. immediately
3. A. mistakes B. corrections C. changes D. differences
4. A. common B. popular C. favourite D. general
5. A. reading B. composition C. dictation D. vocabulary
6. A. to B. in C. from D. at
7. A. each B. one C. the D. some
8. A. mind B. care C. matter D. worry
9. A. by B. on C. to D. for
10. A. likely B. certainly C. possibly D. luckily
Mời quý thầy cô giáo và các em học sinh xem tiếp nội dung tài liệu này trong bộ sưu tập Đề thi vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh trường chuyên năm 2013
. Ngoài ra, có thể tham khảo thêm nhiều tài liệu khác cùng chủ đề trong bộ sưu tập hoặc download về làm tài liệu tham khảo bằng cách đăng nhập vào hệ thống eLib.vn của chúng tôi.