Mời các quý thầy cô tham khảo những giáo án hay của giáo viên các trường PT trong cả nước qua bộ Giáo án Tiếng Anh 10 Unit 2: School talks. Với cách trình bày chính xác, khoa học sẽ giúp các em học sinh nhanh chóng nắm được các hoạt động hàng ngày ở trường, đồng thời biết phát âm chính xác các âm /˄/ và /a/ trong một từ hoặc một câu. Hi vọng, giáo án này sẽ giúp ích cho các thầy cô giáo trong việc mang đến một bài giảng hay, chất lượng cho các em học sinh.
Giáo án Tiếng Anh 10 Unit 2: School talks
Tóm tắt nội dung
I. Objectives unit School talks
1. Educational aim:
- Students know how to appreciate tell daily activities at school
- Students know how to introduce themselves
- Through this unit, students know the students’ activities and the teacher’s activities at school
- Express likes and dislikes doing something
- New words: Words related to school
3. Skills: Reading for gist and for specific information
II. Method unit School talks
Integrated, mainly communicative
III. Teaching aids unit School talks
Real objects, pictures, English textbook 10, hand-outs
IV. Procedures unit School talks
2. Check old lesson
3. New lesson
Warm-up: (4 minutes)
- Hang the picture of two people who are talking at school on the blackboard and ask some questions:
a. What are they talking about?
b. Do you often tell about your school?
c. What do you tell about?
- Ok, each of us always pride on our school. There are many things about school that we want to say. Today, we’ll study a new lesson Unit 2- school talks
- Let students sit in pairs or in groups and put the four most suitable places from the box under each heading
- Give suggestions
- Walk round the class and offers ideas and comments when students need help
- Conduct the correction and give the meaning of some words
While-reading: (20 minutes)
- Make the class read the small talks, to scan the details and do the tasks
Task 1 : Fill each blank with one of the words in the box below. There are more words than needed
1. Young children … helping with household tasks.
2. We were stuck in heavy … for more than an hour
3. I think you don’t have to … about your weight.
4. I was two weeks before Christmas and the mall was … with shoppers.
5. If two people speak the same … ,they usually have similar attitudes and opinions.
- Firsly, ask students to study individually then in pairs
- Walks arround the class, offer ideas and comments when students need help
- Give suggesstions
- Work in pairs, read the small talks again and find out who:
* enjoys teaching
* has to get up early
* lives far from school
* loves working with children
* loves learning English
* rides a bike to school everyday
* studies at a high school
* teaches English at high school
* worries about someone else’s safety
- Introduce the aim of Task 2
- Ask students to read the small talks again to find the suitable names
- Ask students to work individually then work in pairs
- Walk round the class and comments when students need
Task 3 : Answer the following questions
1/. Where does Phong study?
2/. What subjects does he study?
3/. Why does he want to learn English?
4/. What does Miss Phuong say about her teaching profession?
5/. Why does Mr Ha worry about his son’s safety?
- Ask students to read all questions to understand the content
- Ask students to read the small talks again to answer the questions
- Ask students to work with a partner
- Walks arround the class to help students whenever they need
Post-reading: (12 minutes)
- Let students work in groups to talk about:
1. What subjects you like best and why?
2. What do you like or dislike doing at school?
3. What do you worry about at school?
- Has students work in groups and answer the questions
- Walk around the class, listen to student’s discussions and offer suggestions when necessary
- Give comments
- Ask students to tell the content of the small talks
- Ask to tell themselves
Exercise 1, 2 at page 4 and 5 (English exercise book)