Để có thêm ý tưởng cho bài soạn của mình, các thầy cô hãy đến với Thư viện eLib để sở hữu bộ Giáo án Tiếng Anh 10 Unit 3: People's background cho kho tài liệu tham khảo của mình. Các giáo án được trình bày ngắn gọn, sáng tạo sẽ giúp các em học sinh nắm được cách phát âm hai âm /e/ và /æ/ một cách chính xác; phân biệt được cách sử dụng thì quá khứ hoàn thành và thì quá khứ đơn. Chúng tôi hi vọng bộ giáo này sẽ giúp ích cho việc soạn giảng của các thầy cô hiệu quả hơn.
Tóm tắt Giáo án Tiếng Anh 10 Unit 3: People's background
I. Objectives unit People's background
1. Educational aim: Students can read and know about Marie Curie and make questions and answer them well
- General knowledge:
- New words: Words to describe people’s back ground: name, age, place/date of birth, education, job, interest
3. Skills: Reading for general or specific information
II. Method unit People's background
Intergrated, mainly communicative
III. Teaching aids unit People's background
Some photos of famous people and some information about them
IV. Procedures unit People's background
2. Check old lesson
3. New lesson
Warm-up: (4 minutes)
- Give some famous persons’ names in the column A and their job in the column B
- Let students match the people with their jobs
A: To Hoai, Marie Curie, Hong Nhung, Mr Ha
B: singers, teacher, writer, scientist
- Recheck and introduce the new lesson: Marie Curie
Pre-reading: (7 minutes)
- Ask some questions about some famous people and Marie Curie
1. Can you name and tell some scientists and their specializations?
2. What are their job?
3. Where are they?
4. Have you ever heard of Marie Curie?
5. What do you know about her?
- Let students write some information about Marie Curie with model given
What you already know about her
What you want to know about her
- Let each student stand and speak their opinions
- Go around and help them if necessary
While-reading: (20 minutes)
- Let students open the book and read silently while teacher reads aloud and correctly
- Ask students to read themselves and write down some information
- Let students work in pairs to do the task 1
- Read words in A and ask:
1. With flying colors, what does it mean?
- Let students translate them into Vietnamese
- Ask students to reread and answer some questions to practise with some words above
1. To whom do these words refer to?
- What about her?
2. Who passed the exam with flying colors?
- Let students read all sentences and explain some new words if necessary
- Listen and correct if needed
- Let students work in pairs
Post-reading: (10 minutes)
- Ask students to close their books and practise telling something about Marie Curie
- Let students reread the passage quickly to find evidence from the passage to prove each of them
a. strong willed
- Listen and explain some use of the words: work as; in spite of; worked together on; took up the position
Reread the passage and write about another famous person (about 100 words)