Tổng hợp các Giáo án Tiếng Anh 11 Unit 16: The wonders of the world. Giáo án cung cấp kiến thức giúp học sinh biết được những địa danh nổi tiếng trên thế giới, các sự kiện lịch sử, văn hóa; thực hiện một cuộc trò chuyện của một người nổi tiếng, qua đó cải thiện kĩ năng sử dụng tiếng Anh, biết mô tả về những di sản văn hóa trong nước cũng như trên thế giới. Đồng thời luyện tập cách phát âm của âm thanh kết thúc bằng /ft/, /vd/, /fs/ và /vz/. Mời quý thầy cô tham khảo để soạn cho mình một giáo án giảng dạy tốt hơn.
Giáo án Tiếng Anh 11 unit 16: The wonders of the world
Tóm tắt nội dung
I. OBJECTIVES UNIT THE WONDER OF THE WORLD
1. Educational aim: By the end of the lesson, students will be able to:
- Develop such reading micro-skills as scanning for specific ideas, skimming for general information, and guessing meaning in context
- Use the information they have read to discuss the topic
- General knowledge: reading to find the sentences that show facts and the ones that describe opinions
- Language: Sentences and expression for expressing topic
- New words: Words related to topic
3. Skills: Guessing meaning in context, understanding and using new words by speaking, asking and answering
II. METHOD UNIT THE WONDER OF THE WORLD
Integrated, mainly communicative
III. TEACHING AIDS UNIT THE WONDER OF THE WORLD
Student’s book, textbook, handouts
IV. PROCEDURE UNIT THE WONDER OF THE WORLD
- Get students to look at the pictures in the book and to answer some questions.
+ What are they?
+ Where are they?
+ When were they built?
+ Why were they built?
+ How were they built?
+ Who built them?
- Lead students to the topic of the reading: The wonders of the world.
- Present key words and structures in different ways .
+ Wonder(n) -> wonderful (a)
+ Pyramid (n)
+ Pharaoh (n)
+ Tomb (n)
+ Burial chamber
+ Surpass (v)
+ Spiral ramp
+ Weight arm
+ Proceed (v)
+ Enclose (v)
+ The great Pyramid Is believed to have
+ It has been suggested that….
- Introduce the content of the reading and ask students to read through the text silently to get general comprehension (teacher goes around the class to help students if necessary
While - reading (20’)
A. Task 1
- Explain the way to do task 1.
- Ask students to read the text again to locate the new words given and know their meanings in context, then fill them in the blanks.
- Let some students give their answers together with reasons and correct them.
b. Task 2
- Require students to read through the questions in the book to understand them
- Make students silently read the text again to answer the questions
- Get students to work in pairs to practice asking and answering the questions orally.
- Ask some students to give their answers and other students to remark these answers. Finally teacher corrects them
c. Task 3.
- Instruct students to do task 3
- Require students to do task 3
- Teacher correct students’ answer.
- Ask students to look at the examples and explain them.
- Get students to work in groups to find the sentences that show facts and the ones that describe opinions.
- Call the representative of each group to report the result to the class and give feedback.
Require students to write a paragraph (100 words) about what they have just discussed.