Xin giới thiệu bộ Giáo án Tiếng Anh 12 Unit 1: Home Life cho qúy thầy cô tham khảo. Bộ giáo án được biên soạn theo chuẩn kiến thức, kỹ năng và có nội dung súc tích giúp học sinh dễ dàng hiểu các từ liên quan đến cuộc sống gia đình, thảo luận ý tưởng về một gia đình hạnh phúc. Học sinh còn nắm được cách phát âm đúng các âm /s/, /z/; đọc và đoán ý nghĩa của từ mới trong văn bản, hiểu và sử dụng các từ mới sau khi đọc. Chúc quý thầy cô giáo giảng dạy tốt.
Tóm tắt Giáo án Tiếng Anh 12 Unit 1: Home life
I. Objectives unit Home life
1. Educational aim: Students should know about International Red Cross
- General knowledge: Students read and guess the meaning of new words from the con text.
- Read the passage and complete the tasks of the lesson.
- Language: Students could understand and use new words after reading
- New words: Words related to home life
3. Skills: Guessing meaning in context, scanning for specific information and passage comprehension
II. Method unit Home life
Integrated, mainly communicative
III. Teaching aids unit Home life
Student’s book and pictures, Board, tape, cassetteplayer, chalks, etc.
IV. Procedure unit Home life
Warm-up: (5 minutes)
- Ask students look at the picture and ask some questions
- Let students understand more about , house hold chores and family life, today we learn Unit 1- part A: Reading
Before you read : (7 minutes)
- Ask students to work groups to ask and answer about the pictures
- Hang on the blackboard the table of questions. Ask students to work in pairs looking at the pictures to ask and answer them.
1. Where is the family?
2. What is each member of the family doing?
3. Is the family happy?Why (not) ?
- Introduce the situation of the context
- Read the context once to the class.
- Show students some new words:
+ To be caring
+ To be willing to do st
+ To be close -knit
+ To bemischievous
- Help students to summary the main ideas of the context .
* The first paragraph: the writer says about the parents’ jobs and the people in her family.
* The second paragraph :The writer says about the activities of her parents every day.
* The third paragraph: The writer says about her younger brothers and her herself.
* The writer says about the happiness in her family.
- Ask students to think of their thoughts about a happy family.
- Introduce the situation of the passage
While you read : (23 minutes)
- Ask students to look through the passage and read in silence
- Help students read the passage
- Explain pronunciation and meaning of new words which appear in the passage
+ Task 1: (10’)
- Ask students to work in groups to read the sentences in the task and then choose the sentence A,B or C that is nearest in meaning to the sentence given.
- Read all the sentences which they have chosen loudly to the class
- Teach some new words: close –knit (a), mischievous (a),...
- Ask students to work in groups to do the task.
- Call on some students to read the sentences.
- Common in whole class
+ Task 2: (15’)
- Divide the whole answers class into 6 groups of 8 students .
1, How busy are the parents in the passage?
2, How caring is the mother ?
3, How do the father and the daughter share the household chore ?
4, What is the daughter attempting to do after secondary school?
5, Why do the children feel they are safe and secure in their family ?
- Ask students to read the questions carefully and discuss the answers
- Help students to find the paragraph which contain the information for the answers
- Call the leader of each group to answer the questions
- Ask the whole class to commend
- Feedback and give the correct answers and give point.
After you read : (8 minutes)
- Ask the whole class to discuss about a happy family.
- Call some students to say about their thinking of a happy family
- Write about their family or others they know.
- Prepare Part B : Speaking at home