Để giúp các thầy cô giáo có thêm tài liệu tham khảo cho bài giảng của mình, Thư viện eLib trân trọng gửi tới các thầy cô bộ Giáo án Tiếng Anh 12 unit 12: Water sports. Các kiến thức được trình bày khoa học, chi tiết giúp các em học sinh hiểu được các kiến thức liên quan đến các môn thể thao dưới nước; học cách phát âm các từ có âm thanh câm, biết thêm về nội động từ và ngoại động từ. Hi vọng, bộ giáo án này sẽ giúp các em học sinh dễ lĩnh hội kiến thức hơn.
Giáo án Tiếng Anh 12 unit 12: Water sports
Tóm tắt nội dung
I. Objectives unit Water sports
1. Educational aim: By the end of this lesson, students learn about water sports and they have knowledge to play it
- General knowledge: Students can understand rules of playing water sports
- New words: Words related to water sports
3. Skills: - Guessing meaning from context
- Passage comprehension
- Reading for specific information
II. Method unit Water sports
Integrated, mainly communicative
III. Teaching aids unit Water sports
Textbooks, some pictures of water sports
IV. Procedure unit Water sports
Warm-up: (5 minutes)
- Hangs up 2 pictures of water sport and football
- Asks some questions:
1. What kinds of sports are in the pictures?
2. Where can people play these sports?
3. How do people play them?
4. Which sport do you think is more popular?
- Leads in new lesson: Water sports
Before you read : (7 minutes)
- Ask students to close the books
- Shows 2 pictures and says: the sport in picture A is “water polo” and in picture B, the read team plays against the white team, so the red one is the “opponent” of the white one.
- Explains some new words if necessary
- Water polo (n)
- Tie (n)
- Vertical (a)
- Foul (n)
- Oppenent (n)
- Penalty (n)
- Eject (v)
- Goalie (n)
While you read : (23 minutes)
- Asks students to open the books and read the passage silently
- Lets students do task 1
* Task 1:
- Asks students to do the task invidually then compare answers with partner
- Checks answers with the whole class and gives feedback
* Task 2:
- Asks students to do the task in pairs and read scan the passage to find information in the text to fill words in the blanks
- Goes round to give help
- Checks answers and give feedback
* Task 3:
- Ask students to find answers for all questions in the passage individually first, then compare in pairs
- Calls some students to present their answers in front of the class
- Listens to the students and corrects mistakes
- Calls on some students to write answers on the board
- Corrects mistakes again
After you read : (8 minutes)
- Divides the class into 2 groups: one talks about football and another talks about water polo
- Asks students to do as the table in textbook
- Maybe asks students some questions:
1. Would you like to try water polo? Why or why not?
2. Do you think it’s more or less dangerous than football or other sports? Why?
- Goes round to help
- Calls each group to present
- Gives comments
- Asks students to write a paragraph about ideas of water polo (about 100 words)
- Asks students to prepare part B. Speaking at home