MA-Thesis: A study on techniques to teach english vocabulary to 4th grades at le van tam primary school
MA-Thesis A study on techniques to teach english vocabulary to 4th grades at le van tam primary school most learners and teachers understand the importance of vocabulary acquisition. In recent years, second language vocabulary acquisition has become an increasingly interesting topic of discussion for teachers because vocabulary plays a crucial role in language learning.
Mục lục nội dung
As we know, language always plays a vital role in human life. Because it is a useful tool for people to communicate with each other, transfer information or share emotion with others. Each country in the world has its own language, even in one country there are many different languages spoken and written. English is known as an international language, and used in many countries in the world. English helps people to communicate with any citizens of any countries in the world, and to approach the civilized world.
1.2 Aims of the study
Researching the techniques to teach English vocabulary for students of primary schools will help teachers and students understand thoroughly the role, importance of teaching and learning vocabulary in study and daily communication of English. If we have no vocabulary, we do not have language, because word is the smallest unit to create a sentence. The increasing number of vocabulary assists understanding and communicating effectively. In any Englishstudying courses, learning vocabulary is considered as main purpose.
1.3 The research questions
This research is conducted in response to investigating the following research questions.
- How do the techniques of teaching help students improve vocabulary?
- To what extent does the technique of teaching vocabulary engage pupils remember words? Each of the proposed questions will be addressed in the analysis and discussion section of the research paper.
1.4 Scope of the study
Due to the limitation of teaching period and conditions, this topic shall only apply for teaching vocabulary for students of primary schools.
1.5 The significance of this study
The self-perception of errors in combination with teachers’ feedback hopefully will help them improve the current drawbacks in the teaching and learning of English vocabulary. This study will help students grow awareness of vocabulary problems that they might have not noticed before and raise some suggestion for the improvement of the problems
2.1 Literature review
Roles of vocabulary in teaching and learning
The main principles in teaching vocabulary
Techniques of teaching vocabulary to primary students
Review of related studies
2.2 Research methodology
Instruments and procedures
2.3 Findings and discussion
Comparing the results of the control and experimental groups
With the title of the study “A study on techniques to teach English vocabulary for 4th graders at Le Van Tam primary school " the researcher used different methods such as observation, semi-structured interviews and tests to get the answer. Two questions were asked for this research. There have been many researchers offering many methods to teach vocabulary to primary students. The purpose of the technique of teaching English vocabulary such us series of pictures shown on the projector is a powerful teaching technique to improve students' ability to memorize vocabulary. At the same time, this technique attracted students into the classroom and took part in other activities of the English subject.
Hutchinson, T & Walters, A.(1981). English for specific purposes. Cambridge University Press.
Joklova, K. (2009). Using Pictures in Teaching Vocabulary. Retrieved on March, 15, 2016 from http://docs.google.com.
McCarthy M. (1990). Vocabulary Description, Acquisition and Pedagogy.
-- Nhấn nút TẢI VỀ hoặc XEM ONLINE để tham khảo đầy đủ nội dung Luận văn ThS Tiếng anh trên--
Tham khảo thêm
- pdf MA-Thesis: The roles of warming up activities in enhancing english speaking skills
- pdf MA-Thesis: A study on factors affecting english speaking skills of the 10th grade ethnic minority students at van hoa i high school
- pdf MA-Thesis: Teaching grammar in context to improve speaking skills for pet candidates
- pdf MA-Thesis: A study on mnemonic techniques to help students of grade 6 increase their vocabulary retention at a secondary school
- pdf MA-Thesis: A study on common gramatical errors in paragraph writing of non - english major students at hoa binh teacher’s training college
- pdf MA-Thesis: An investigation into the usage of english teacher professional development through lesson study in lower secondary schools in thai nguyen city
- pdf MA-Thesis: The effectiveness of the first language discussion on english reading comprehension for 12th grade students in phu luong high school
- pdf MA-Thesis: A study on using visual aids in english classrooms at some high schools in thai nguyen
- pdf MA-Thesis: An investigation into reading strategies used by efl students at high school
- pdf MA-Thesis: The influences of extra classes on students’ academic performance at que vo no. 1 high school in bac ninh province
- pdf MA-Thesis: Implementing experiential activities in english teaching for 5 - 6 - year - old kids at dpa kindergarten
- pdf MA-Thesis: An application of drama in english project lessons in bac kan gifted high school
- pdf MA-Thesis: An investigation into applying questioning techniques in teaching listening skills at the college of mechanics and metallurgy
- pdf MA-Thesis: Using book club activities to enhance 10th form students’ english reading motivation at vcvb high shool
- pdf MA-Thesis: Cultural mistakes made by students from a high school in Kim Xuyen - Tuyen Quang: Realities and opinions
- pdf MA-Thesis: Using task-based reading activities to enhance vocabulary for freshmen at the college of mechanics and metallurgy
- pdf MA-Thesis: The use of group work to enhance speaking skill for students at tran phu high school
- pdf MA-Thesis: The explicit instruction about aspects of connected speech to the first year english major students’ perception and production at school of foreign languages – thai nguyên university
- pdf MA-Thesis: Developing high school students’ inferential reading skills
- pdf MA-Thesis: Applying the project-based learning (pbl) to english speaking skill enhancement for grade 10 students at cua ong high school, quang ninh province.
- pdf MA-Thesis: An investigation on vocabulary learning strategies of non-major first year students of english at university of education – thai nguyen university
- pdf MA-Thesis: Factors affecting grade eight students’ motivation in learning reading skills at dong hoa secondary school in thai binh city
- pdf MA-Thesis: Factors affecting grade 11 students' motivation in learning english at que vo 1 high school
- pdf MA-Thesis: Using task-based learning to improve english speaking performance of the 11th grade students at diem thuy upper secondary school an action research