MA-Thesis: A study on using visual aids in english classrooms at some high schools in thai nguyen
MA-Thesis A study on using visual aids in english classrooms at some high schools in thai nguyen was carried out with an attempt to investigate the application of visual aids in English classrooms and teachers and students’ attitudes towards the use of this type of teaching aids. The subjects participating in the research were 18 English teachers and 240 EFL students at six high schools in Thai Nguyen province. Survey questionnaires and observation were the major data collection instruments
Mục lục nội dung
Visual aids are powerful tools that can be used to help teachers in the foreign language teaching process (Pateşan, M. & Balagiu, A. & Alibec, C, 2018). In Vietnamese context, visual aids are becoming more and more popular among teachers in schools, especially high schools where students are under the pressure of studying a variety number of subjects and often ignore the importance of studying English in the modern life.
1.2 Aims of the study
The objective of this study was to examine the use of visual aids in English classrooms at six high schools in two different regions of Thai Nguyen province including the city center end the district areas.
1.3 The research questions
The study sought to answer the following questions:
- To what extent do teachers use visual aids in teaching English?
- What are the teachers’ attitudes towards using visual materials in teaching English?
- What are students’ attitudes towards using visual aids in teaching English?
1.4 Scope of the study
The study was conducted in 6 high schools in Thai Nguyen with 18 English teachers and 240 students who were all aged 17-18 and were in grade 11 at the time of the study. All the teachers applied visual aids in teaching English at classes in which the same curriculum designed by Ministry of Education was applied. Thestudents learned with visual aids .
1.5 The significance of this study
The study drew a real picture on how and to what extent visual aids were applied by teachers in high schools in Thai Nguyen as well as gave an insight into how teachers and students’ perceived about their application.
2.1 Literature review
Visual aids definitions
Classification of visual aids
Visual aids in language acquisition
Usage of visual aids in approaches of language teaching
2.2 Research methodology
Subjects of the study
Data collection instruments
Procedures of data collection
Data analysis procedure
2.3 Findings and discussion
Integrating the use of different teaching aids into teaching is proved to be meaningful and useful for teachers as it helps make the lessons more lively, interesting and attractive to students as well as enhance the quality of the teaching periods. Therefore, this study was conducted to have a better look into how teachers in Thai Nguyen made use of the visual aids in teaching and how their students reacted
Anglin, G. J., Vaez, H. and Cunningham, K.L., (2004) ‘Visual Representations and Learning: The role of Static and Animated Graphics’, in D.H. Jonassen (ed.)
Handbook of Research for Educational Communications and Technology, New York: Simon and Schuster, 865-913.
Asokhia, M. O. (2009). Improvisation/Teaching Aids: Aid to Effective Teaching of English Language. Int J Edu Sci, 1(2), 79-85.
-- Nhấn nút TẢI VỀ hoặc XEM ONLINE để tham khảo đầy đủ nội dung Luận văn ThS Tiếng anh trên--
Tham khảo thêm
- pdf MA-Thesis: A study on techniques to teach english vocabulary to 4th grades at le van tam primary school
- pdf MA-Thesis: The roles of warming up activities in enhancing english speaking skills
- pdf MA-Thesis: A study on factors affecting english speaking skills of the 10th grade ethnic minority students at van hoa i high school
- pdf MA-Thesis: Teaching grammar in context to improve speaking skills for pet candidates
- pdf MA-Thesis: A study on mnemonic techniques to help students of grade 6 increase their vocabulary retention at a secondary school
- pdf MA-Thesis: A study on common gramatical errors in paragraph writing of non - english major students at hoa binh teacher’s training college
- pdf MA-Thesis: An investigation into the usage of english teacher professional development through lesson study in lower secondary schools in thai nguyen city
- pdf MA-Thesis: The effectiveness of the first language discussion on english reading comprehension for 12th grade students in phu luong high school
- pdf MA-Thesis: An investigation into reading strategies used by efl students at high school
- pdf MA-Thesis: The influences of extra classes on students’ academic performance at que vo no. 1 high school in bac ninh province
- pdf MA-Thesis: Implementing experiential activities in english teaching for 5 - 6 - year - old kids at dpa kindergarten
- pdf MA-Thesis: An application of drama in english project lessons in bac kan gifted high school
- pdf MA-Thesis: An investigation into applying questioning techniques in teaching listening skills at the college of mechanics and metallurgy
- pdf MA-Thesis: Using book club activities to enhance 10th form students’ english reading motivation at vcvb high shool
- pdf MA-Thesis: Cultural mistakes made by students from a high school in Kim Xuyen - Tuyen Quang: Realities and opinions
- pdf MA-Thesis: Using task-based reading activities to enhance vocabulary for freshmen at the college of mechanics and metallurgy
- pdf MA-Thesis: The use of group work to enhance speaking skill for students at tran phu high school
- pdf MA-Thesis: The explicit instruction about aspects of connected speech to the first year english major students’ perception and production at school of foreign languages – thai nguyên university
- pdf MA-Thesis: Developing high school students’ inferential reading skills
- pdf MA-Thesis: Applying the project-based learning (pbl) to english speaking skill enhancement for grade 10 students at cua ong high school, quang ninh province.
- pdf MA-Thesis: An investigation on vocabulary learning strategies of non-major first year students of english at university of education – thai nguyen university
- pdf MA-Thesis: Factors affecting grade eight students’ motivation in learning reading skills at dong hoa secondary school in thai binh city
- pdf MA-Thesis: Factors affecting grade 11 students' motivation in learning english at que vo 1 high school
- pdf MA-Thesis: Using task-based learning to improve english speaking performance of the 11th grade students at diem thuy upper secondary school an action research