MA-Thesis: Factors affecting grade eight students’ motivation in learning reading skills at dong hoa secondary school in thai binh city
MA-Thesis Factors affecting grade eight students’ motivation in learning reading skills at dong hoa secondary school in thai binh city has been carried out on the background of the achievement and deficiencies in the existing studies on Factors affecting grade eight students’ motivation in learning reading skills. This thesis tries to understand the phenomenon under investigation from a more extensive perspective through analyzing the Factors affecting grade eight students’ motivation in reading skills from text books, supplementary books and the acquisition of reading skills in secondary schools
Mục lục nội dung
Today, the trend of international integration in many areas including the field of education has put English in a very important position. English is the communication tool, the key to the human treasure. Other widespread use of information technology has made English learning urgent and indispensable. As a result, the English language education of students of secondary education is of particular interest to students, parents, teachers, and the country. English is one of the core subjects in the curriculum
1.2 Aims of the study
Motivation plays a very important role in enhancing students' English reading ability. Dornyei (1998) emphasizes the influence of motivation, which is considered the key to learning second language (L2) and is one of the biggest factors affecting the success of language learners
1.3 The research questions
What factors influence eighth-graders' motivation to learn English reading skills?
What is the relationship between high- and low-achieving students’ reading achievement and reading motivation?
1.4 Scope of the study
There are ten classes of grade eight and eleven English teachers at Dong Hoa secondary school. Students study all four English skills in the official textbook. However, the study is limited only to students’ English reading skill of the four classes of grade eight and all English teachers of the school.
1.5 The significance of this study
The significance of this study can be discussed from two major perspectives:
- Theoretically, the systematically organized information in the thesis may help learners gain an insight into English skills in the official textbook.
- Practically, the thesis, to the extent possible may serve as a guide for Dong Hoa grade eight students in the implementation of specific motivation strategies in the class of reading skills.
2.1 Literature review
Theoretical background of reading
2.2 Research methodology
Data collection instrument
Data analytical method
2.3 Data analysis
An over view of results
Results of data analysis
2.4 Major findings and suggestions
Suggestions for improving students’ motivation in learning reading skills
The goal of the present thesis was to examine which factors affected learners motivation in ELT, and how much they affected their language learning. The study also aimed at being a guide for the teacher candidates to be able to understand their learners’ personal or environmental problems and help them to create more motivating environments.
Ahuja, G. c and Ahuja, Pramila. 2001. How to Increase Reading Speed. New Delhi: Sterling Publishers Pvt. Ltd 4th Edition.
Bandura, A. (1977). Self-efficacy: Toward a unifying theory of behavioral change. Psychological Review, 84, 191-215
-- Nhấn nút TẢI VỀ hoặc XEM ONLINE để tham khảo đầy đủ nội dung Luận văn ThS Tiếng anh trên--
Tham khảo thêm
- pdf MA-Thesis: Cultural mistakes made by students from a high school in Kim Xuyen - Tuyen Quang: Realities and opinions
- pdf MA-Thesis: Using book club activities to enhance 10th form students’ english reading motivation at vcvb high shool
- pdf MA-Thesis: A study on techniques to teach english vocabulary to 4th grades at le van tam primary school
- pdf MA-Thesis: An application of drama in english project lessons in bac kan gifted high school
- pdf MA-Thesis: Implementing experiential activities in english teaching for 5 - 6 - year - old kids at dpa kindergarten
- pdf MA-Thesis: Applying the project-based learning (pbl) to english speaking skill enhancement for grade 10 students at cua ong high school, quang ninh province.
- pdf MA-Thesis: Developing high school students’ inferential reading skills
- pdf MA-Thesis: The explicit instruction about aspects of connected speech to the first year english major students’ perception and production at school of foreign languages – thai nguyên university
- pdf MA-Thesis: The use of group work to enhance speaking skill for students at tran phu high school
- pdf MA-Thesis: Using task-based reading activities to enhance vocabulary for freshmen at the college of mechanics and metallurgy
- pdf MA-Thesis: The influences of extra classes on students’ academic performance at que vo no. 1 high school in bac ninh province
- pdf MA-Thesis: An investigation into reading strategies used by efl students at high school
- pdf MA-Thesis: A study on using visual aids in english classrooms at some high schools in thai nguyen
- pdf MA-Thesis: The effectiveness of the first language discussion on english reading comprehension for 12th grade students in phu luong high school
- pdf MA-Thesis: An investigation into the usage of english teacher professional development through lesson study in lower secondary schools in thai nguyen city
- pdf MA-Thesis: A study on common gramatical errors in paragraph writing of non - english major students at hoa binh teacher’s training college
- pdf MA-Thesis: A study on mnemonic techniques to help students of grade 6 increase their vocabulary retention at a secondary school
- pdf MA-Thesis: Teaching grammar in context to improve speaking skills for pet candidates
- pdf MA-Thesis: A study on factors affecting english speaking skills of the 10th grade ethnic minority students at van hoa i high school
- pdf MA-Thesis: The roles of warming up activities in enhancing english speaking skills
- pdf MA-Thesis: An investigation into applying questioning techniques in teaching listening skills at the college of mechanics and metallurgy
- pdf MA-Thesis: Using task-based learning to improve english speaking performance of the 11th grade students at diem thuy upper secondary school an action research
- pdf MA-Thesis: Factors affecting grade 11 students' motivation in learning english at que vo 1 high school
- pdf MA-Thesis: An investigation on vocabulary learning strategies of non-major first year students of english at university of education – thai nguyen university