MA-Thesis: An investigation into reading strategies used by efl students at high school
MA-Thesis An investigation into reading strategies used by efl students at high school to investigate some difficulties that readers at high schools may have, the second focus of the study is finding the effective reading strategies that might help students to better comprehend a reading task.
Mục lục nội dung
It is a fact that many high school students find reading comprehension one of the most challenges when they sit for graduation examination. The difficulties experienced by these language learners might be explained as lack of reading strategies and poor background knowledge of the given topics or of the world in general
1.2 Aims of the study
The general aim of this study is to investigate the reading strategies used by senior secondary schools students who are learning English as a foreign language to enhance reading comprehension. More specifically, the research aims to find out reading difficulties perceived by English language learners from cultural and psychological perspectives and how to overcome these difficulties
1.3 The research questions
With the aims stated above, the study focuses on answering these research questions:
- What reading difficulties are experienced by students at high school?
- What types of reading strategies are most/least preferable?
1.4 Scope of the study
The present study is carried out with students of grades 12 who will take the final exam by the end of the school year. The results of the exam will be of great importance for their university education. The aims of the study focus on these learners because the English language exam has long been a phobia for many students in Vietnam.
2.1 Literature review
Definitions of reading
The comprehension process
Factors affecting reading comprehension
Reading comprehension models
Types of reading
Causes of students' reading difficulties
2.2 Research methodology
Data collection instruments
2.3 Findings and discussion
Results for research question 1
Results for research question 2
Reading as one of the basic skills, is considered as an crucial element for everyday life. As stated in earlier chapters, the aim of this dissertation was to investigate various reading difficulties faced by high school students in Vietnam and to explore what reading strategies they use to overcome reading difficulties in silent reading time. The standard of reading skill is not satisfactory for all the students and have multifaceted difficulties. The study has tried to find out those difficulties and strategies use by them in detail. This study encompasses both quantitative and qualitative approaches to collect data
Alderson, J. C. (1984) Reading in a foreign language: A reading problem or a language problem. In Alderson, J. C. & A. H. Urquhart (eds.). Reading in a foreign language. London and New York: Longman, pp. 1-27.
Anderson, R. C., Reynolds, R. E., Schallert, D. L., & Goetz, E. T. (1977).
-- Nhấn nút TẢI VỀ hoặc XEM ONLINE để tham khảo đầy đủ nội dung Luận văn ThS Tiếng anh trên--
Tham khảo thêm
- pdf MA-Thesis: A study on techniques to teach english vocabulary to 4th grades at le van tam primary school
- pdf MA-Thesis: The roles of warming up activities in enhancing english speaking skills
- pdf MA-Thesis: A study on factors affecting english speaking skills of the 10th grade ethnic minority students at van hoa i high school
- pdf MA-Thesis: Teaching grammar in context to improve speaking skills for pet candidates
- pdf MA-Thesis: A study on mnemonic techniques to help students of grade 6 increase their vocabulary retention at a secondary school
- pdf MA-Thesis: A study on common gramatical errors in paragraph writing of non - english major students at hoa binh teacher’s training college
- pdf MA-Thesis: An investigation into the usage of english teacher professional development through lesson study in lower secondary schools in thai nguyen city
- pdf MA-Thesis: The effectiveness of the first language discussion on english reading comprehension for 12th grade students in phu luong high school
- pdf MA-Thesis: A study on using visual aids in english classrooms at some high schools in thai nguyen
- pdf MA-Thesis: The influences of extra classes on students’ academic performance at que vo no. 1 high school in bac ninh province
- pdf MA-Thesis: Implementing experiential activities in english teaching for 5 - 6 - year - old kids at dpa kindergarten
- pdf MA-Thesis: An application of drama in english project lessons in bac kan gifted high school
- pdf MA-Thesis: An investigation into applying questioning techniques in teaching listening skills at the college of mechanics and metallurgy
- pdf MA-Thesis: Using book club activities to enhance 10th form students’ english reading motivation at vcvb high shool
- pdf MA-Thesis: Cultural mistakes made by students from a high school in Kim Xuyen - Tuyen Quang: Realities and opinions
- pdf MA-Thesis: Using task-based reading activities to enhance vocabulary for freshmen at the college of mechanics and metallurgy
- pdf MA-Thesis: The use of group work to enhance speaking skill for students at tran phu high school
- pdf MA-Thesis: The explicit instruction about aspects of connected speech to the first year english major students’ perception and production at school of foreign languages – thai nguyên university
- pdf MA-Thesis: Developing high school students’ inferential reading skills
- pdf MA-Thesis: Applying the project-based learning (pbl) to english speaking skill enhancement for grade 10 students at cua ong high school, quang ninh province.
- pdf MA-Thesis: An investigation on vocabulary learning strategies of non-major first year students of english at university of education – thai nguyen university
- pdf MA-Thesis: Factors affecting grade eight students’ motivation in learning reading skills at dong hoa secondary school in thai binh city
- pdf MA-Thesis: Factors affecting grade 11 students' motivation in learning english at que vo 1 high school
- pdf MA-Thesis: Using task-based learning to improve english speaking performance of the 11th grade students at diem thuy upper secondary school an action research