MA-Thesis: The use of group work to enhance speaking skill for students at tran phu high school
MA-Thesis The use of group work to enhance speaking skill for students at tran phu high school to investigate the significance of using cooperative group work on improving students' speaking production and communicative skills in EFL classes. The present work is mainly attempts to investigate the students' awareness of the important of speaking skills in learning English at some high schools in Quang Ninh, Vietnam
Mục lục nội dung
The main objective of learning a foreign language is to be able to communicate in that language. The students in Vietnam have many difficulties when they communicate in the English language. Improving the learners speaking ability in English is one of the most important challenges that Vietnamese teachers try to achieve. The problem we are confronted with here is that the importance of classroom participation is almost neglected and of little interest and the learners are just passive consumers of the knowledge.
1.2 Aims of the study
The overall aims of this study are firstly to advance an understanding of the effectiveness of cooperative learning strategies in the classroom to enhance speaking skill. Secondly, the researcher would like to explore teachers' awareness towards cooperative learning activities such as pair works and group works.
1.3 The research questions
With the objectives stated above, the study aims to answer the following research questions:
- What are students' perceptions towards group working activities to enhance speaking ability?
- What are teachers' awareness of the using cooperative learning?
- How can cooperative learning technique affect the learners' speaking skills?
1.4 Scope of the study
The study is carried out at Tran Phu Secondary school in Quang Ninh province. The study focuses on developing speaking skill for students in Tran Phu high school by using group work.
1.5 The significance of this study
In order to find the answers for above mentioned research questions we hypothesize that: If teachers use cooperative learning in the classroom; then learners will feel more comfortable, and their speaking skill will be enhanced.
2.1 Literature review
Communicative language teaching
The nature of speaking
The teaching and learning of speaking
Speaking difficulties in foreign language learning
The relationship between speaking and other language skills
Cooperative language learning
Group work in language learning
Types of group work
The role of the teacher with group work activities
2.2 Research methodology
Context of the study
Data analysis procedures
Administration of the questionnaires
Administration of the interview
2.3 Findings and discussion
Results of research question
Result from questionnaire
Results of research question
Through this thesis, the researcher hypothesized that if we are going to improve the students’ speaking proficiency in the classroom, we should provide them with more opportunities to get the practice they need to use the language and speak it fluently without any hesitation or fear of making any kind of mistakes. We believe that the present application of cooperative group work to the field of language learning is very important for promoting participation and communication in the EFL classes because it creates a situation where learners are expected to assist each other, to discuss and exchange ideas with each other.
Alderson, J. C. (2000). Assessing Reading. Cambridge: Cambridge University.
Avery, P., & Ehrlich, S. (1992). Teaching American English Pronunciation. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
-- Nhấn nút TẢI VỀ hoặc XEM ONLINE để tham khảo đầy đủ nội dung Luận văn ThS Tiếng anh trên--
Tham khảo thêm
- pdf MA-Thesis: Cultural mistakes made by students from a high school in Kim Xuyen - Tuyen Quang: Realities and opinions
- pdf MA-Thesis: Using book club activities to enhance 10th form students’ english reading motivation at vcvb high shool
- pdf MA-Thesis: A study on techniques to teach english vocabulary to 4th grades at le van tam primary school
- pdf MA-Thesis: An application of drama in english project lessons in bac kan gifted high school
- pdf MA-Thesis: Implementing experiential activities in english teaching for 5 - 6 - year - old kids at dpa kindergarten
- pdf MA-Thesis: Applying the project-based learning (pbl) to english speaking skill enhancement for grade 10 students at cua ong high school, quang ninh province.
- pdf MA-Thesis: Developing high school students’ inferential reading skills
- pdf MA-Thesis: The explicit instruction about aspects of connected speech to the first year english major students’ perception and production at school of foreign languages – thai nguyên university
- pdf MA-Thesis: Using task-based reading activities to enhance vocabulary for freshmen at the college of mechanics and metallurgy
- pdf MA-Thesis: The influences of extra classes on students’ academic performance at que vo no. 1 high school in bac ninh province
- pdf MA-Thesis: An investigation into reading strategies used by efl students at high school
- pdf MA-Thesis: A study on using visual aids in english classrooms at some high schools in thai nguyen
- pdf MA-Thesis: The effectiveness of the first language discussion on english reading comprehension for 12th grade students in phu luong high school
- pdf MA-Thesis: An investigation into the usage of english teacher professional development through lesson study in lower secondary schools in thai nguyen city
- pdf MA-Thesis: A study on common gramatical errors in paragraph writing of non - english major students at hoa binh teacher’s training college
- pdf MA-Thesis: A study on mnemonic techniques to help students of grade 6 increase their vocabulary retention at a secondary school
- pdf MA-Thesis: Teaching grammar in context to improve speaking skills for pet candidates
- pdf MA-Thesis: A study on factors affecting english speaking skills of the 10th grade ethnic minority students at van hoa i high school
- pdf MA-Thesis: The roles of warming up activities in enhancing english speaking skills
- pdf MA-Thesis: An investigation into applying questioning techniques in teaching listening skills at the college of mechanics and metallurgy
- pdf MA-Thesis: Using task-based learning to improve english speaking performance of the 11th grade students at diem thuy upper secondary school an action research
- pdf MA-Thesis: Factors affecting grade 11 students' motivation in learning english at que vo 1 high school
- pdf MA-Thesis: Factors affecting grade eight students’ motivation in learning reading skills at dong hoa secondary school in thai binh city
- pdf MA-Thesis: An investigation on vocabulary learning strategies of non-major first year students of english at university of education – thai nguyen university