MA-Thesis: Developing high school students’ inferential reading skills
MA-Thesis Developing high school students’ inferential reading skills to examine how cognitive strategies are beneficial to 12th grade students in performing their reading tasks related to inference. To focus on the overall objective above, the study concerned about what high school students’ attitudes toward inferential reading tasks were, how the motivation factor affected high school students’ inferential reading result, and how the cognitive reading strategies applied in inferential reading affected students’ results in terms of scores
Mục lục nội dung
I started my study based on my own interests and needs for my teaching career in terms of reading skills, especially in inferential reading skill. The findings could be applied to my own teaching practices for better learning outcomes for my students to develop their inferential reading skills
1.2 Aims of the study
The study aimed:
- To find out students’ attitudes towards inferential reading tasks;
- To investigate the motivation factor affecting high school students ‘inferential reading result.
- To find out the effectiveness of cognitive reading strategies towards inferential reading tasks students often apply
1.3 The research questions
What are high school students’ attitudes toward inferential reading tasks?
How does students’ motivation affect their results in terms of scores in referential reading tasks?
1.4 Scope of the study
The focus of the study lies in finding out students’ attitudes towards inferential reading; the relationship between cognitive factors and motivation that affect students’ inferential reading ability and cognitive strategies students used to develop students’ inferential reading at Van Lang high school, where I conducted the study
1.5 The significance of this study
Once having been completed, the research would serve as a reference source for teachers, students, and those who are interested in this topic. Also, it is expected to provide suggestions for further research.
2.1 Literature review
Attitudes and Motivation towards reading
2.2 Research methodology
Research questions and objectives
Data collection instruments
Data collection procedure
2.3 Findings and discussion
The present study has provided evidence about cognitive strategies are beneficial to students in performing their reading tasks related to inference in terms of attitude, motivation, and effectiveness of such strategies applied affecting the score of inferential tests.
Allport, G. W. (1967). Attitudes. Fishbein, M. (Ed.), Reading in attitude theory and measurement. New York: John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
Anderson, N. J. (1991). Individual differences in strategy use in second language reading and testing. The Modern Language Journal, 75(4), 460-472
-- Nhấn nút TẢI VỀ hoặc XEM ONLINE để tham khảo đầy đủ nội dung Luận văn ThS Tiếng anh trên--
Tham khảo thêm
- pdf MA-Thesis: Cultural mistakes made by students from a high school in Kim Xuyen - Tuyen Quang: Realities and opinions
- pdf MA-Thesis: Using book club activities to enhance 10th form students’ english reading motivation at vcvb high shool
- pdf MA-Thesis: A study on techniques to teach english vocabulary to 4th grades at le van tam primary school
- pdf MA-Thesis: An application of drama in english project lessons in bac kan gifted high school
- pdf MA-Thesis: Implementing experiential activities in english teaching for 5 - 6 - year - old kids at dpa kindergarten
- pdf MA-Thesis: Applying the project-based learning (pbl) to english speaking skill enhancement for grade 10 students at cua ong high school, quang ninh province.
- pdf MA-Thesis: The explicit instruction about aspects of connected speech to the first year english major students’ perception and production at school of foreign languages – thai nguyên university
- pdf MA-Thesis: The use of group work to enhance speaking skill for students at tran phu high school
- pdf MA-Thesis: Using task-based reading activities to enhance vocabulary for freshmen at the college of mechanics and metallurgy
- pdf MA-Thesis: The influences of extra classes on students’ academic performance at que vo no. 1 high school in bac ninh province
- pdf MA-Thesis: An investigation into reading strategies used by efl students at high school
- pdf MA-Thesis: A study on using visual aids in english classrooms at some high schools in thai nguyen
- pdf MA-Thesis: The effectiveness of the first language discussion on english reading comprehension for 12th grade students in phu luong high school
- pdf MA-Thesis: An investigation into the usage of english teacher professional development through lesson study in lower secondary schools in thai nguyen city
- pdf MA-Thesis: A study on common gramatical errors in paragraph writing of non - english major students at hoa binh teacher’s training college
- pdf MA-Thesis: A study on mnemonic techniques to help students of grade 6 increase their vocabulary retention at a secondary school
- pdf MA-Thesis: Teaching grammar in context to improve speaking skills for pet candidates
- pdf MA-Thesis: A study on factors affecting english speaking skills of the 10th grade ethnic minority students at van hoa i high school
- pdf MA-Thesis: The roles of warming up activities in enhancing english speaking skills
- pdf MA-Thesis: An investigation into applying questioning techniques in teaching listening skills at the college of mechanics and metallurgy
- pdf MA-Thesis: Using task-based learning to improve english speaking performance of the 11th grade students at diem thuy upper secondary school an action research
- pdf MA-Thesis: Factors affecting grade 11 students' motivation in learning english at que vo 1 high school
- pdf MA-Thesis: Factors affecting grade eight students’ motivation in learning reading skills at dong hoa secondary school in thai binh city
- pdf MA-Thesis: An investigation on vocabulary learning strategies of non-major first year students of english at university of education – thai nguyen university