MA-Thesis: A study on factors affecting english speaking skills of the 10th grade ethnic minority students at van hoa i high school
MA -Thesis A study on factors affecting english speaking skills of the 10th grade ethnic minority students at van hoa i high school was conducted to find out the major factors that prevent the students from achieving good English speaking skills. The study was carried out at Van hoa I High School, Thai Nguyen City, Vietnam. The participants of the research were 51 grade 10th students and 6 English teachers at this school
Mục lục nội dung
According to the Ministry of Education and Training (MOET) in Vietnam, the core aims of English as a subject is to help the students to form and develop their communication skills through learning four skills: listening, speaking, reading, writing and language skills such as phonic, vocabulary and grammar. The Circular No. 01/2014/TT-BGDĐT (January 24th, 2014) of the MOET defined that when the children finish primary school, they will acquire level 1 of the Vietnamese Six-level Foreign Language Competency Framework. In other words, at this level, the students can basically understand simple actual conversations, and they can apply their English to primarily communicate with English speaking people.
1.2 Aims of the study
The study aims to explore the difficulties that the 10th grade ethnic minority students at Van hoa I High School have encountered when practicing English speaking skills and factors that cause these difficulties. Besides, it also seeks to find out the suggested solutions to improve the students’ speaking skills.
1.3 The research questions
In brief, the objectives of the research could be specified into these research questions:
- What are the factors that affect 10th grade ethnic minority students’ speaking skills at Van hoa I High School?
- What could be done to enhance speaking skills for the students?
1.4 Scope of the study
The study will be taken place at Van hoa I High School. It is a mountainous school located in Thai Nguyen City, Vietnam. The total number of the students at Van hoa I High School is around 2000
1.5 The significance of this study
Speaking skills are considered as the most important aspect of language learning because when talking about language learners, it is often referred to the speakers of that language (Ur, 1996). Furthermore, speaking skills play such a very important role in human’s life. Through speaking, people can communicate their thought, their feelings and so on to each other
2.1 Literature review
Definition of speaking skills
Features contributed to the English speaking competence
2.2 Research methodology
Data collection instrument
Data collection procedure
2.3 Findings and discussion
An overview of the results
The final chapter was supposed to summarize the major findings which had been discovered by the research and written in the previous chapter results and discussion. Moreover, the researcher also suggested some pedagogical implications for improving learners’ speaking skills. In addition, the researcher also shared limitations of the study in this section and provided suggestions for further research.
Abd, E. F. (2006). The Effectiveness of a Task-Based Instruction Program in Developing the English Language Speaking Skills of Secondary Stage Students.
Arnold, J. & Brown, H. D. (1999). A map of the terrain. In J. Arnold, Affective method in language learning (pp. 1-24). Cambridge: Cambridge Universtiy Press.
-- Nhấn nút TẢI VỀ hoặc XEM ONLINE để tham khảo đầy đủ nội dung Luận văn ThS Tiếng anh trên--
Tham khảo thêm
- pdf MA-Thesis: A study on techniques to teach english vocabulary to 4th grades at le van tam primary school
- pdf MA-Thesis: The roles of warming up activities in enhancing english speaking skills
- pdf MA-Thesis: Teaching grammar in context to improve speaking skills for pet candidates
- pdf MA-Thesis: A study on mnemonic techniques to help students of grade 6 increase their vocabulary retention at a secondary school
- pdf MA-Thesis: A study on common gramatical errors in paragraph writing of non - english major students at hoa binh teacher’s training college
- pdf MA-Thesis: An investigation into the usage of english teacher professional development through lesson study in lower secondary schools in thai nguyen city
- pdf MA-Thesis: The effectiveness of the first language discussion on english reading comprehension for 12th grade students in phu luong high school
- pdf MA-Thesis: A study on using visual aids in english classrooms at some high schools in thai nguyen
- pdf MA-Thesis: An investigation into reading strategies used by efl students at high school
- pdf MA-Thesis: The influences of extra classes on students’ academic performance at que vo no. 1 high school in bac ninh province
- pdf MA-Thesis: Implementing experiential activities in english teaching for 5 - 6 - year - old kids at dpa kindergarten
- pdf MA-Thesis: An application of drama in english project lessons in bac kan gifted high school
- pdf MA-Thesis: An investigation into applying questioning techniques in teaching listening skills at the college of mechanics and metallurgy
- pdf MA-Thesis: Using book club activities to enhance 10th form students’ english reading motivation at vcvb high shool
- pdf MA-Thesis: Cultural mistakes made by students from a high school in Kim Xuyen - Tuyen Quang: Realities and opinions
- pdf MA-Thesis: Using task-based reading activities to enhance vocabulary for freshmen at the college of mechanics and metallurgy
- pdf MA-Thesis: The use of group work to enhance speaking skill for students at tran phu high school
- pdf MA-Thesis: The explicit instruction about aspects of connected speech to the first year english major students’ perception and production at school of foreign languages – thai nguyên university
- pdf MA-Thesis: Developing high school students’ inferential reading skills
- pdf MA-Thesis: Applying the project-based learning (pbl) to english speaking skill enhancement for grade 10 students at cua ong high school, quang ninh province.
- pdf MA-Thesis: An investigation on vocabulary learning strategies of non-major first year students of english at university of education – thai nguyen university
- pdf MA-Thesis: Factors affecting grade eight students’ motivation in learning reading skills at dong hoa secondary school in thai binh city
- pdf MA-Thesis: Factors affecting grade 11 students' motivation in learning english at que vo 1 high school
- pdf MA-Thesis: Using task-based learning to improve english speaking performance of the 11th grade students at diem thuy upper secondary school an action research