MA-Thesis: Applying the project-based learning (pbl) to english speaking skill enhancement for grade 10 students at cua ong high school, quang ninh province.
MA-Thesis Applying the project-based learning (pbl) to english speaking skill enhancement for grade 10 students at cua ong high school, quang ninh province tries to attempt to know the effect of project-based learning (PBL) toward speaking ability and its effective implementation. Accordingly, this research applied a quantitative design for the first stage. Population in this research was the grade 10 grade students of the two classes 10A1 and 10 A2 in Cua Ong High School
Mục lục nội dung
It is obvious that English is nowadays significantly considered as a language of international communication, which is used worldwide for most of the fields such as technology, education, business and trade. Regarding the context of Vietnam, in recent years, the trend of global integration has raised awareness about the importance of English teaching and learning in schools
1.2 Aims of the study
To explore the main motivation of the English-speaking teaching and learning at grade 10 in Cua Ong High School.
To discover the effects of the PBL on students’ English-speaking performances.
To find out why students at grade 10 in Cua Ong High School are fond of learning speaking Enghlish basing on PBL
1.3 The research questions
Therefore, in order to fulfill the above-mentioned aims, the following research questions must be answered:
- What is the main motivation of students at grade 10 in Cua Ong High School in learning speaking Enghish?
- Does PBL have effects on students’ learning English-speaking?
1.4 Scope of the study
The research scope includes the two classes, namely class 10A1 and class 10A2 at Cua Ong High School, Quang Ninh province. They are selected to be the participants of the study. The experiments of study will be conducted in speaking lessons where the researchers use the PBL to enhance their English-speaking skill.
2.1 Literature review
Concepts of speaking skills
Teaching english speaking
What is pbl?
Definition of learner’s motivation
2.2 Research methodology
Methods of the study
Data collection instrument
Data analytical method
2.3 Findings and discussion
Results of questionnaires
In this thesis the researcher has presented various definitions of PBL and its benefits. The author also discussed the steps for implementing a PBL project and suggested several English learning projects for students. With these projects and the steps for implementing a PBL project, English teachers can motivate their students not only inside but also outside class, making full use of the benefits of PBL to help the students well prepare for future in terms of both English skills and social ones. In the researcher’s view, PBL should be widely applied at the Cua Ong High School and other schools where students need to enhance necessary authentic knowledge and skills for their future studies.
Bashir, D. (2011). Longman grammar of spoken and written English. Harlow: Longman
Burns, A. and Joyce, H. (1997). Focus on Speaking. Sydney: National Centre for English Language Teaching and Research
-- Nhấn nút TẢI VỀ hoặc XEM ONLINE để tham khảo đầy đủ nội dung Luận văn ThS Tiếng anh trên--
Tham khảo thêm
- pdf MA-Thesis: Cultural mistakes made by students from a high school in Kim Xuyen - Tuyen Quang: Realities and opinions
- pdf MA-Thesis: Using book club activities to enhance 10th form students’ english reading motivation at vcvb high shool
- pdf MA-Thesis: A study on techniques to teach english vocabulary to 4th grades at le van tam primary school
- pdf MA-Thesis: An application of drama in english project lessons in bac kan gifted high school
- pdf MA-Thesis: Implementing experiential activities in english teaching for 5 - 6 - year - old kids at dpa kindergarten
- pdf MA-Thesis: Developing high school students’ inferential reading skills
- pdf MA-Thesis: The explicit instruction about aspects of connected speech to the first year english major students’ perception and production at school of foreign languages – thai nguyên university
- pdf MA-Thesis: The use of group work to enhance speaking skill for students at tran phu high school
- pdf MA-Thesis: Using task-based reading activities to enhance vocabulary for freshmen at the college of mechanics and metallurgy
- pdf MA-Thesis: The influences of extra classes on students’ academic performance at que vo no. 1 high school in bac ninh province
- pdf MA-Thesis: An investigation into reading strategies used by efl students at high school
- pdf MA-Thesis: A study on using visual aids in english classrooms at some high schools in thai nguyen
- pdf MA-Thesis: The effectiveness of the first language discussion on english reading comprehension for 12th grade students in phu luong high school
- pdf MA-Thesis: An investigation into the usage of english teacher professional development through lesson study in lower secondary schools in thai nguyen city
- pdf MA-Thesis: A study on common gramatical errors in paragraph writing of non - english major students at hoa binh teacher’s training college
- pdf MA-Thesis: A study on mnemonic techniques to help students of grade 6 increase their vocabulary retention at a secondary school
- pdf MA-Thesis: Teaching grammar in context to improve speaking skills for pet candidates
- pdf MA-Thesis: A study on factors affecting english speaking skills of the 10th grade ethnic minority students at van hoa i high school
- pdf MA-Thesis: The roles of warming up activities in enhancing english speaking skills
- pdf MA-Thesis: An investigation into applying questioning techniques in teaching listening skills at the college of mechanics and metallurgy
- pdf MA-Thesis: Using task-based learning to improve english speaking performance of the 11th grade students at diem thuy upper secondary school an action research
- pdf MA-Thesis: Factors affecting grade 11 students' motivation in learning english at que vo 1 high school
- pdf MA-Thesis: Factors affecting grade eight students’ motivation in learning reading skills at dong hoa secondary school in thai binh city
- pdf MA-Thesis: An investigation on vocabulary learning strategies of non-major first year students of english at university of education – thai nguyen university