MA-Thesis: The influences of extra classes on students’ academic performance at que vo no. 1 high school in bac ninh province
MA-Thesis The influences of extra classes on students’ academic performance at que vo no. 1 high school in bac ninh provincehas banned tutoring classes that are independent of school administration, in some cases the classes have been "organized" in some schools as a means to supplement some teachers' emoluments. Extra classes are creating a lot of stress and tension to the students and teachers who have to come early in the morning and late in the evening
Mục lục nội dung
Together with recent economic growth, Vietnam’s educational sector has been steadily expanding, with gross enrolment rates more than doubling from 32% to 73% at the secondary level, and increasing fivefold from 2% to 10% at the tertiary level from 1991 to 1994 (World Bank, 2006). However, one recent and growing phenomenon of the Vietnamese education system is a “shadow” education system that exists alongside the official education system
1.2 Aims of the study
The study is aimed at finding out the influences of English extra class on students’ academic performance in English at a high school in Bac Ninh province. In order to gain the aims of the study, the following objectives are put forwards:
- Finding out the attitudes of teachers and students at Que Vo No.1 High School towards extra classes.
- To examine the extent of the influences of extra classes in English on students’ academic performance at Que Vo No.1 High School in Bac Ninh.
1.3 The research questions
What are teachers’ and students’ attitudes at Que Vo No.1 High School towards extra classes in English?
To what extent do English extra classes influence on Que Vo No.1 High School students’ academic performance?
1.4 Scope of the study
The scale of the study was limited to Que Vo No.1 High School on 50 teachers and 80 students, of whom 40 students took extra classes in English while 40 others did not so that this study was able to control external variance better, and to empirically pilot procedures under tight and limited control conditions before deciding on the implications of scaling up any possible interventions to more districts, provinces, or otherwise.
1.5 The significance of this study
This study is conducted with the expectation that its finding will provide readers with useful information. Specifically, this study will bring evidence to support if there are any effects of extra classes on the improvement of students’ academic results. In addition, it is expected that the thesis will better inform the teaching and learning approach to gain students’ achievement.
2.1 Literature review
The context of the study
Description of the subjects
Data collection instruments
Description of the procedures
2.2 Research methodology
Research question 1: The students’ and teachers’ attitudes towards extra classes
Research question 2: The influences of extra classes on academic performance of 10th grade students at Que Vo No.1 High School
This study has shown the real situations of extra classes at Que Vo No.1 High School. Most of the students wanted to learn better and improve their results but they did not want to attend extra classes. They took part in extra classes only because it was the school’s schedule and their parents wanted them to do that. Most of the teachers thought that extra classes could help. The school organized a lot of extra classes to meet the students’ and their parents’ demand. However, it was revealed from the survey that both teachers and students were overloaded
Biswal, B. P. (1999). Private tutoring and public corruption: A cost-effective education system for developing countries. The Developing Economies, 37(2),
Bray, M. (1999). The shadow education system: Private tutoring and its implications for planners. Fundamentals of Educational Planning No.61. Paris: UNESCO International Institute for Educational Panning (IIEP)
-- Nhấn nút TẢI VỀ hoặc XEM ONLINE để tham khảo đầy đủ nội dung Luận văn ThS Tiếng anh trên--
Tham khảo thêm
- pdf MA-Thesis: A study on techniques to teach english vocabulary to 4th grades at le van tam primary school
- pdf MA-Thesis: The roles of warming up activities in enhancing english speaking skills
- pdf MA-Thesis: A study on factors affecting english speaking skills of the 10th grade ethnic minority students at van hoa i high school
- pdf MA-Thesis: Teaching grammar in context to improve speaking skills for pet candidates
- pdf MA-Thesis: A study on mnemonic techniques to help students of grade 6 increase their vocabulary retention at a secondary school
- pdf MA-Thesis: A study on common gramatical errors in paragraph writing of non - english major students at hoa binh teacher’s training college
- pdf MA-Thesis: An investigation into the usage of english teacher professional development through lesson study in lower secondary schools in thai nguyen city
- pdf MA-Thesis: The effectiveness of the first language discussion on english reading comprehension for 12th grade students in phu luong high school
- pdf MA-Thesis: A study on using visual aids in english classrooms at some high schools in thai nguyen
- pdf MA-Thesis: An investigation into reading strategies used by efl students at high school
- pdf MA-Thesis: Implementing experiential activities in english teaching for 5 - 6 - year - old kids at dpa kindergarten
- pdf MA-Thesis: An application of drama in english project lessons in bac kan gifted high school
- pdf MA-Thesis: An investigation into applying questioning techniques in teaching listening skills at the college of mechanics and metallurgy
- pdf MA-Thesis: Using book club activities to enhance 10th form students’ english reading motivation at vcvb high shool
- pdf MA-Thesis: Cultural mistakes made by students from a high school in Kim Xuyen - Tuyen Quang: Realities and opinions
- pdf MA-Thesis: Using task-based reading activities to enhance vocabulary for freshmen at the college of mechanics and metallurgy
- pdf MA-Thesis: The use of group work to enhance speaking skill for students at tran phu high school
- pdf MA-Thesis: The explicit instruction about aspects of connected speech to the first year english major students’ perception and production at school of foreign languages – thai nguyên university
- pdf MA-Thesis: Developing high school students’ inferential reading skills
- pdf MA-Thesis: Applying the project-based learning (pbl) to english speaking skill enhancement for grade 10 students at cua ong high school, quang ninh province.
- pdf MA-Thesis: An investigation on vocabulary learning strategies of non-major first year students of english at university of education – thai nguyen university
- pdf MA-Thesis: Factors affecting grade eight students’ motivation in learning reading skills at dong hoa secondary school in thai binh city
- pdf MA-Thesis: Factors affecting grade 11 students' motivation in learning english at que vo 1 high school
- pdf MA-Thesis: Using task-based learning to improve english speaking performance of the 11th grade students at diem thuy upper secondary school an action research