MA-Thesis: Using task-based reading activities to enhance vocabulary for freshmen at the college of mechanics and metallurgy
MA-Thesis Using task-based reading activities to enhance vocabulary for freshmen at the college of mechanics and metallurgy has always been the primary concern of many language teachers. The present study is devoted to examining the comparative effectiveness of task-based reading activities to enhance vocabulary for freshmen at the College of Mechanics and Metallurgy. In order to achieve this objective, theoretical and practical research is carried out.
Mục lục nội dung
In this context, in order to compete in a free-flowing labour market, fluency in English is one of the most significant advantages for people of all ages to communicate and create opportunities for integration. Therefore, in addition to professional knowledge, each person needs to equip themselves with good communication skills in English to access employment opportunities in the global environment
1.2 Aims of the study
The aim of the study is to find out how task-based reading activities are used to improve vocabulary for freshmen at the College of Mechanics and Metallurgy, discover freshmen’s attitude at the College of Mechanics and Metallurgy towards task-based reading activities for enhancing vocabulary; accordingly, recommending some possible solutions for better learning and teaching task-based reading activities to enhance vocabulary for freshmen at the College of Mechanics and Metallurgy.
1.3 The research questions
Based on the above aims, this research is designed to answer the following questions:
- How are task-based reading activities applied in English lessons at the College of Mechanics and Metallurgy?
- To what extent can tasked-based reading activities enhance vocabulary for freshmen at College of Mechanics and Metallurgy?
1.4 Scope of the study
The objects of this research are 40 freshman students who are picked up randomly from ones who are learning at the College of Mechanics and Metallurgy; 03 English teachers of the College of Mechanics and Metallurgy and 01 Head of English division. Time frame is 10 lessons with the main contents of task-based teaching in reading class to enhance vocabulary for freshmen at the College of Mechanics and Metallurgy, Thai Nguyen Provi
1.5 The significance of this study
The second part is Development which is divided into three chapters. Chapter one provides the theoretical background on task-based methods and review of previous studies. The next chapter refers to the methodology of the study which described the participants and instruments, as well as procedures employed to carry out the research. Findings and discussion are followed in the next chapter by presenting and analyzing the findings that the researcher discovered from the data collected and raises some discussion related to the current situation of teaching vocabularies for freshmen at the College of Mechanics and Metallurgy with taskbased reading activities.
2.1 Literature review
Review of Previous studies
2.2 Research methodology
Data analytical method
2.3 Findings and discussion
Findings from questionnaires and interviews
Findings from observation
Because of the restricted moment, understanding and size of a minor thesis, the author was unable to conduct the experiment on a bigger scale as well as being unable to teach the classes on my own or to observe many more lessons so that the findings might not be more or less accurate. In addition, the research topics (40 freshmen at the College of Mechanics and Metallurgy) are not representative of all learners at the College of Mechanics and Metallurgy, so the findings may not be applicable to teaching accounting learners vocabulary.
Abdullah Sarani & Leila Farzaneh Sahebi (2012), The Impact of Task-based Approach on Vocabulary Learning in ESP Courses, English Language Teaching,
Ahmad, J. (2011), Intentional versus incidental vocabulary learning, Interdisciplinary Journal of Contemporary Research in Business, 3 (5), pp. 67-75
-- Nhấn nút TẢI VỀ hoặc XEM ONLINE để tham khảo đầy đủ nội dung Luận văn ThS Tiếng anh trên--
Tham khảo thêm
- pdf MA-Thesis: A study on techniques to teach english vocabulary to 4th grades at le van tam primary school
- pdf MA-Thesis: The roles of warming up activities in enhancing english speaking skills
- pdf MA-Thesis: A study on factors affecting english speaking skills of the 10th grade ethnic minority students at van hoa i high school
- pdf MA-Thesis: Teaching grammar in context to improve speaking skills for pet candidates
- pdf MA-Thesis: A study on mnemonic techniques to help students of grade 6 increase their vocabulary retention at a secondary school
- pdf MA-Thesis: A study on common gramatical errors in paragraph writing of non - english major students at hoa binh teacher’s training college
- pdf MA-Thesis: An investigation into the usage of english teacher professional development through lesson study in lower secondary schools in thai nguyen city
- pdf MA-Thesis: The effectiveness of the first language discussion on english reading comprehension for 12th grade students in phu luong high school
- pdf MA-Thesis: A study on using visual aids in english classrooms at some high schools in thai nguyen
- pdf MA-Thesis: An investigation into reading strategies used by efl students at high school
- pdf MA-Thesis: The influences of extra classes on students’ academic performance at que vo no. 1 high school in bac ninh province
- pdf MA-Thesis: Implementing experiential activities in english teaching for 5 - 6 - year - old kids at dpa kindergarten
- pdf MA-Thesis: An application of drama in english project lessons in bac kan gifted high school
- pdf MA-Thesis: An investigation into applying questioning techniques in teaching listening skills at the college of mechanics and metallurgy
- pdf MA-Thesis: Using book club activities to enhance 10th form students’ english reading motivation at vcvb high shool
- pdf MA-Thesis: Cultural mistakes made by students from a high school in Kim Xuyen - Tuyen Quang: Realities and opinions
- pdf MA-Thesis: The use of group work to enhance speaking skill for students at tran phu high school
- pdf MA-Thesis: The explicit instruction about aspects of connected speech to the first year english major students’ perception and production at school of foreign languages – thai nguyên university
- pdf MA-Thesis: Developing high school students’ inferential reading skills
- pdf MA-Thesis: Applying the project-based learning (pbl) to english speaking skill enhancement for grade 10 students at cua ong high school, quang ninh province.
- pdf MA-Thesis: An investigation on vocabulary learning strategies of non-major first year students of english at university of education – thai nguyen university
- pdf MA-Thesis: Factors affecting grade eight students’ motivation in learning reading skills at dong hoa secondary school in thai binh city
- pdf MA-Thesis: Factors affecting grade 11 students' motivation in learning english at que vo 1 high school
- pdf MA-Thesis: Using task-based learning to improve english speaking performance of the 11th grade students at diem thuy upper secondary school an action research